Zhang-Feng ZHONG 鍾章鋒
Assistant Professor, Macao Centre for Research and Development in Chinese Medicine, Institute of Chinese Medical Sciences
- D.Phil. in Biomedical Sciences, University of Macau, Macao SAR, China
- M.Sc. in Chinese Medicinal Science, University of Macau, Macao SAR, China
- B.Sc. in Pharmacy, Guangdong Medical University, China
- Visiting Scholar, Northwestern University, USA
|HSCI1006||Organic Chemistry Laboratory||B.Sc. Course|
|CMED7017||Across the Gap between Science and Industry||M.Sc. Course|
|CMED7006||Introduction to Research in Medical Administration||M.Sc. Course|
- Research and development of Chinese medicine.
- Discovery and application of natural products.
- Drug screening and lead compound analysis.
Dr. ZHONG’s group welcome MSc and PhD students, research assistants and postdocs from Chinese medicine background. Interested people could contact Dr. ZHONG at email@example.com with a complete curriculum vitae.
Representative peer-reviewed journal papers (h-index 25) Zhong Z, Vong CT, Chen F, Tan H, Zhang C, Wang N, Cui L, Wang Y, Feng Y. Immunomodulatory potential of natural products from herbal medicines as immune checkpoints inhibitors: helping to fight against cancer via multiple targets. Med Res Rev. 2022, 42:1246.  Zhang S, Luo H, Tan D, Peng B, Zhong Z, Wang Y. Holism of Chinese herbal medicine prescriptions for inflammatory bowel disease: A review based on clinical evidence and experimental research. Phytomedicine. 2022, 102:154202.  Zhu Z, Cui L, Yang J, Vong CT, Hu Y, Xiao J, Chan G, He Z, Zhong Z. Anticancer effects of asiatic acid against doxorubicin-resistant breast cancer cells via an AMPK-dependent pathway in vitro. Phytomedicine. 2021, 92:153737.  Sun Y, Wei J, Zou J, Cheng Z, Huang Z, Gu L, Zhong Z, Li S, Wang Y, Li P. Electrochemical detection of methyl-paraoxon based on bifunctional nanozyme with catalytic activity and signal amplification effect. J Pharm Anal. 2021, 11:653.  Niu Y, Wang L, Yu N, Xing P, Wang Z, Zhong Z, Feng Y, Dong L, Wang C. An “All-In-One” scaffold targeting macrophages to direct endogenous bone repair in situ. Acta Biomaterialia. 2020, 111:153.  Tan W, Zhong Z, Carney RP, Men Y, Li J, Pan T, Wang Y. Deciphering the metabolic role of AMPK in cancer multi-drug resistance. Semin Cancer Biol. 2018, 56:56.  Luo H, Vong CT, Chen H, Gao Y, Lyu P, Qiu L, Zhao M, Liu Q, Cheng Z, Zou J, Yao P, Gao C, Wei J, Ung COL, Wang S, Zhong Z, Wang Y. Naturally occurring anti-cancer compounds: Shining from Chinese herbal medicine. Chin Med. 2019, 14: 48.  Zhong Z, Qiang W, Wang C, Tan W, and Wang Y. Furanodiene enhances the anti-cancer effects of doxorubicin on ERα-negative breast cancer cells in vitro. Eur J Pharmacol. 2016, 774:10.  Zhong Z, Tan W, Chen X, and Wang Y. Furanodiene, a natural small molecule suppressed metastatic breast cancer cell migration and invasion. Eur J Pharmacol. 2014, 737:1.  Zhong Z, Chen X, Tan W, Xu Z, Zhou K, Wu T, Cui L, and Wang Y. Germacrone inhibits the proliferation of breast cancer cell lines by inducing cell cycle arrest and promoting apoptosis. Eur J Pharmacol. 2011, 667:50.
- Zhong Z. Modern technology for monitoring cancer metastasis in Chinese medicine. In: Modern technology and progress on anti-tumor Chinese medicine. YT Wang ed., People’s Medical Publishing House, Beijing, 2012. (ISBN: 978-7-117-16227-2).
- Wang Y, Zhong Z, Wang S, Shao S, Chen W. Application of Chinese medicine compound composition in preventing and improving Alzheimer’s disease. Chinese Invention Patents, CN114272354A. 2022
- Wang Y, Chen W, Wang S, Zhong Z, Yu H. A medicinal and edible Baoyuan efferverscent tablets for enhancing immunity, and its preparation method. Chinese Invention Patents, CN114377105A. 2022
- Wang Y, Chen Y, Zhong Z, Wang S, Vong C. Chinese medicine-loaded nanoparticles for the treatment of migraine and preparation method and application thereof. Chinese Invention Patents, CN113827563A. 2021
- Luo H, Tan D, Wang Y, Wang S, Li P, Zhong Z, Yu H, Vong C. Drug pair for treatment of colitis and preparation method thereof. Chinese Invention Patents, CN113768971A. 2021
- 2020, First Prize of International Award for Contribution to Chinese Medicine-Achievement Award in Medical Science
- 2018, Hong Kong Scholars Award
- 2012, Macao’s Scientific and Technological R&D Award for Postgraduates
- Member, Chinese Pharmacological Society
- Member, International Society for Chinese Medicine
- Member, International Society of Quality Research of Chinese Medicine
- Associate Editor of Frontiers in Immunology (2020-)
- Editorial Member of Evidence-based Complementary and Alternative Medicine (2020-).
- Youth Editorial Member of Chinese Medicine (2017-).
- Guest Editor of Molecules (2022-)
- Review Editor of Frontiers in Pharmacology (2020-).
- Council Member of Word Federation of Chinese Medicine Societies (2019-).
- Project Executive of International Society for Chinese Medicine (2018-)
- Ad-hoc reviewer of more than 10 peer-reviewed academic journals, including eBioMedicine, Frontiers in Immunology, Phytomedicine, Phytotherapy Research, European Journal of Pharmacology, Journal of Ethnopharmacology, and Chinese medicine.