Institute of Chinese Medical Sciences
State Key Laboratory of Quality Research in Chinese Medicine
University of Macau
Faculty of Health Sciences
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
University of Macau
- Yuan He, Chang Liu, Run Han, Yingmin Liang, Judith ChoiWo Mak, Yinghao Zhu, Haifeng Li, Ying Zheng*. Reducing systemic absorption and macrophages clearance of genistein by lipid-coated nanocrystals for pulmonary delivery, Chinese Chemical Letters, in press.
- Meng Xu, Haidong Zha, Run Han, Yaxin Cheng, Jiamao Chen, Ludan Yue, Ruibing Wang,* and Ying Zheng*. Cyclodextrin-Derived ROS-Generating Nanomedicine with pH-Modulated Degradability to Enhance Tumor Ferroptosis Therapy and Chemotherapy. Small 2022, 18, 2200330
- Meng Xu, Jinsong Tao, Zhengjie Wei, Qian Cheng, Hongmei Yang, Simon Ming-Yuen Lee, Kathy Qian Luo, Wei Ge, Ruibing Wang*, Ying Zheng*.Visualization of host-guest interactions driven bioorthogonal homing effects at the single cell level in vivo. Nano Today 2022, 43, 101450.
- Shaokui Chen, Zibei Lin, Tianzhen He, Md Sahidul Islam, Long Xi, Ping Liao, Yang Yang, Ying Zheng*, Xin Chen*. Topical Application of Tetrandrine Nanoemulsion Promotes the Expansion of CD4+ Foxp3+ Regulatory T Cells and Alleviates Imiquimod-Induced Psoriasis in Mice. Front Immunol. 2022; 13: 800283.
- Long Xi, Zibei Lin, Fen Qiu, Shaokui Chen, Ping Li, Xin Chen, Zhenping Wang, Ying Zheng*. Enhanced uptake and anti-maturation effect of celastrol-loaded mannosylated liposomes on dendritic cells for psoriasis treatment. Acta Pharmaceutica Sinica B 2022 Jan;12(1):339-352.
- Yaxin Cheng, Yonghua Zhao* and Ying Zheng*. Therapeutic potential of triptolide in autoimmune diseases and strategies to reduce its toxicity. Chinese Medicine. 2021, 16:114.
- Jinsong Tao1, Zhengjie Wei1, Meng Xu, Long Xi, Yaxin Chen, Simon Ming-Yuen Lee, Wei Ge, Ying Zheng*. Particle Integrity and Size Effect on the Journey of Polymeric Nanocarriers in Zebrafish Model and the Correlation with Mice. Small, 2021, 17, 2103584.
- Zibei Lin, Long Xi, Shaokui Chen, Jinsong Tao, Yan Wang, Xin Chen, Ping Li, Zhenping Wang, and Ying Zheng*. Uptake and Trafficking of Different Sized PLGA Nanoparticles by Dendritic Cells in Imiquimod-induced Psoriasis-like Mice Model. Acta Pharmaceutica Sinica B, 11(4), April 2021, 1047-1055.
- Jinsong Tao, Zhengjie Wei, Yuan He, Xingyang Yan, Simon Ming-Yuen Lee, Xueqing Wang, Wei Ge, Ying Zheng*, Toward understanding the prolonged circulation and elimination mechanism of crosslinked polymeric micelles in zebrafish model. Biomaterials, October 2020, 256:120180.
- Yuan He, Zhuyifan Ye, Xinyang Liu, Zhengjie Wei, Fen Qiu, Hai-Feng Li, Ying Zheng*, Defang Ouyang*. Can machine learning predict drug nanocrystals? Journal of Controlled Release, 10 June 2020, 322: 274-285.
- Yuan He, Yingmin Liang , Judith Choi Wo Mak, Yonghong Liao, Ting Li, Ru Yan, Hai-Feng Li, Ying Zheng*. Size effect of curcumin nanocrystals on dissolution, airway mucosa penetration, lung tissue distribution and absorption by pulmonary delivery. Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces February 2020, 186:110703.
- Tongkai Chen, Bing He, Jingsong Tao, Yuan He, Hailiang Deng, Xueqing Wang, Ying Zheng*. Application of Förster Resonance Energy Transfer (FRET) technique to elucidate intracellular and In Vivo biofate of nanomedicines. Advanced drug delivery reviews, 2019 Mar;143:177-205 (Invited Review).
- Yuan He, Yingmin Liang, RunHan, Wan-Liang Lu, Judith Choi Wo Mak*, YingZheng*. Rational particle design to overcome pulmonary barriers for obstructive lung diseases therapy. Journal of Controlled Release, 2019 Nov;314:48-61 (Review).
- Shikang Meng, Lin Sun, Lun Wang, Zibei Lin, Zeyu Liu, Long Xi, Zhenping Wang, Ying Zheng*. Loading of water-insoluble celastrol into niosome hydrogels for improved topical permeation and anti-psoriasis activity. Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces, 2019 Oct;182:110352.
- Jinsong Tao, Shing Fung Chow, Ying Zheng*. Application of flash nanoprecipitation to fabricate poorly water-soluble drug nanoparticles. Acta Pharmaceutica Sinica B, 2019 Jan;9:4-18 (Invited review).
- Zhengzheng Zhou, Mónica Calatayud*, Julia Contreras-García, Liang Li, Henry HY Tong, Ying Zheng*. X-ray Diffraction and Theoretical Calculation-Supported Formation of Polymorphic Cocrystals Discovered through Thermal Methods: A Case Study. Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2019 Oct;108:3340-3347.
- Shikang Meng, Zibei Lin, Yan Wang, Zhenping Wang, Ping Li, Ying Zheng*. Psoriasis therapy by Chinese medicine and modern agents. Chinese Medicine, 2018 Dec;13(1):16 (Invited review).
- Lin Sun, Zeyu Liu, Zibei Lin, Dongmei Cun, Henry HY Tong, Ru Yan, Ruibing Wang, Ying Zheng*. Comparison of normal versus imiquimod-induced psoriatic skin in mice for penetration of drugs and nanoparticles. International journal of nanomedicine, 2018 Sep;13: 5625.
- Liandi Chi, Lingxiao Chen, Jiwen Zhang, Jing Zhao, Shaoping Li, Ying Zheng*. Development and application of bio-sample quantification to evaluate stability and pharmacokinetics of inulin-type fructo-oligosaccharides from Morinda Officinalis. Journal of pharmaceutical and biomedical analysis, 2018 Jul;156: 125-132.
- Ye Li, Tongkai Chen, Xiaoqing Miao, Xiang Yi, Xueqing Wang, Haitao Zhao, Simon Ming-Yuen Lee, Ying Zheng*. Zebrafish: a promising in vivo model for assessing the delivery of natural products, fluorescence dyes and drugs across the blood-brain barrier. Pharmacological Research, 2017 Nov; 125: 246-257 (Review).
- Ye Li, Xiaoning Song, Xiang Yi, Ruibing Wang, Simon Ming-Yuen Lee, Xueqing Wang*, Ying Zheng*. Zebrafish: a visual model to evaluate the biofate of transferrin receptor-targeted 7peptide-decorated coumarin 6 micelles. ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 2017 Nov 8;9(44):39048-39058.
- Tongkai Chen, Ye Li, Chuwen Li, Xiang Yi, Ruibing Wang, Simon Ming-Yuen Lee, Ying Zheng*. Pluronic P85/F68 Micelles of Baicalein Could Interfere with Mitochondria to Overcome MRP2-Mediated Efflux and Offer Improved Anti-Parkinsonian Activity. Molecular Pharmaceutics. 2017 Oct 2;14(10):3331-3342.
- Tongkai Chen, Jian Li, Ting Chen, Changquan Calvin Sun*, Ying Zheng*. Tablets of Multi-Unit Pellet System for Controlled Drug Delivery. J Control Release. 2017 Jul 31;262:222-231 (Review).
- Ye Li, Xiaoqing Miao, Tongkai Chen, Xiang Yi, Ruibing Wang, Haitao Zhao, Simon Ming-Yuen Lee, Xueqing Wang, Ying Zheng*. Zebrafish as a visual and dynamic model to study transport of nanosized drug delivery systems across the biological barriers. Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces. 2017 Aug;156:227-235,.
- Lin Sun, Zeyu Liu, Lun Wang, Dongmei Cun, Henry HY Tong, Ru Yan, Xin Chen, Ruibing Wang, Ying Zheng*. Enhanced topical penetration, system exposure and anti-psoriasis activity of two particle-sized, curcumin-loaded PLGA nanoparticles in hydrogel. Journal of Controlled Release. 2017 May; 254:44-54.
- Tongkai Chen, Chuwen Li, Ye Li, Xiang Yi, Ruibing Wang, Simon Ming-Yuen Lee, Ying Zheng*. Small-sized mPEG-PLGA Nanoparticles of Schisantherin A with Sustained Release for Enhanced Brain Uptake and Anti-Parkinsonian Activity. ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces. 2017 Mar;9(11):9516-9527.
- Chao Bi, Xiao Qing Miao, Sing Fung Chow, Wen Jin Wu, Ru Yan, YH Liao, Albert Hee-Lum Chow, Ying Zheng*. Particle size efect of curcumin nanosuspensions on cytotoxicity, cellular internalization, in vivo pharmacokinetics and biodistribution. Nanomedicine: Nanotechnology, Biology and Medicine 2017 Apr;13(3):943–953
- Zhao Y, Zhou J, Liao YH, Zheng Y. Inhaled traditional Chinese medicine for respiratory diseases. Advances in Pulmonary Drug Delivery. CRC press.
- Chow, AHL, Tong, HY, & Zheng, Y. (06/2007). Stability Assessment and Formulation Characterization, In Shayne C. Gad (Ed). Handbook of Pharmaceutical Biotechnology. (pp. 371-416). USA: John Wiley & Sons.
- FDCT: “Development of New Immunomodulatory Small Molecule Tetrandrine from Chinese Medicine to Treat Psoriasis by Topical Route” (2021-2024).
- FDCT: “International Standard Research and Development of Selected Chinese Medicines” 中藥國際標準研究與制定 (2020-2022) Co-PI.
- University of Macau: “Inhalable Functional Nanocrystals of Poorly Water-soluble Active Components in Chinese Medicine for Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease Therapy” (2020 – 2021).
- University of Macau: “Establishment of in-vivo quantification method of drugs as released and non-released forms after delivery of sustained-release nanocarriers and study on their relationship with pharmacodynamics” (2017 – 2020).
- University of Macau: “Purification, in vivo antidepressant disorder activity, transport and pharmacokinetic evaluations of inulin-type fructooligosaccharides in Morinda officinalis after oral administration” (2017 – 2019).
- University of Macau: “Development of Novel Targeted Nanoparticles with Immunosuppressive Chinese Medicine to Inhibit Skin Immune-response for Topical Therapy of Psoriasis” (2014 – 2017).
- University of Macau: “Novel Nanoparticle Development of Active Components in Herbal Medicines and Their Permeations across Blood-Brain Barrier on Cell Monolayers, Zebrafish and Rat Models” (2013 – 2016).
- FDCT: “Topical delivery of Chinese medicine to inhibit skin immune-response for psoriasis” (2019-2021).
- FDCT: “Solid State Characterization of Poorly Water-soluble Active Components in Chinese Medicine” (2014-2016).
- 國家自然科學基金海外及港澳合作基金: “細胞和斑馬魚模型評價納米製劑的跨膜轉運機理和體內過程” (No. 81528021, 2016 – 2017).
- ERASMUS MUNDUS, ERUASICAT: Advanced Education European-Asiatic Exchange Progromme in Materials Science and Catalysis. (No. 552067-EM-1-2014-1-ES-ERA MUNDUS-EMA22, 2014 – 2018, Academic coordinator of UM).
- (Excellent Poster) Zhengjie Wei, Jinsong Tao, Simon Ming-Yuen Lee, Wei Ge, Ying Zheng*. “Understanding Integrity and Size Effect of Polymeric Nanocarrier on System Circulation and Sequestration by Macrophage in Zebrafish Larvae”. The 11th Annual Academic Conference of China Particulate Society, October 23-25, 2020, Xiamen, China.
- (Excellent Poster) Zibei Lin, Long Xi, Jinsong Tao, Shikang Meng, Ying Zheng. “Trafficking of Different-Sized PLGA Nanoparticles in Imiquimod-induced Psoriasis Mice Model. Chinese Pharmaceutical Association”. Symposium of 13th Chinese Pharmaceutical Conference, October 11-13, 2019, Yantai, China.
- (2nd Award) Liandi Chi, Zibei Lin, Lingxiao Chen, Guoxing Huang, W.L. Wendy Hsiao, Jiwen Zhang, Jing Zhao, Shaoping Li, Ying Zheng. “In vivo antidepressant disorder activity, transportation and pharmacokinetic evaluations of inulin-type fructooligosaccharides in Morinda officinalis”. 2018 Postgraduate Symposium on Chinese Medical Sciences, International Society for Chinese Medicine, November 28-30, 2018, Macau, China.
- (2nd Award, Oral presentation) Yuan He. “Size Effect of Curcumin Nanocrystals on Airway Mucosa Penetration, Lung Tissue Distribution and Pharmacokinetics Studies by Pulmonary Delivery”. The 12th Chinese Pharmaceutical Conference 2018, Nov. 30–Dec. 2, Guangzhou, China.
- (Best Poster Award) Meng Shikang et al., “Loading Water-insoluble Celastrol by Niosome Hydrogel to Improve Topical Penetration and Anti-psoriasis Activity”. Merit for the poster presentation competition at the International Conference on Medicinal Plants and Bioeconomy & The 1st Sino-CPLP Symposium on Natural Products and Biodiversity Resources, 22nd-24nd, 2018, Macau.
- (Travel Grant Award) Chi Liandi et al., “Transport, stability and pharmacokinetic evaluations of inulin-type fructooligosaccharides in Morinda officinalis”. 16th CGCM Meeting, 18-20 Aug., 2017, Guangzhou, China.
- (3rd prize) Liu Zeyu et al., “Triptolide-loaded microemulsion hydrogel overcome psoriatic skin barrier with deeper but fewer drug penetration through skin appendages”. The 2nd Topical Drug Delivery Conference Organized by World Federation of Chinese Medicine Societies, November 18-20, 2016, Guilin, China.
- (3rd prize) Sun Lin et al., “In vitro penetration of tretinoin cream through psoriatic mouse skin”. The 1st Topical Drug Delivery Conference Organized by World Federation of Chinese Medicine Societies, 23-25 Oct., 2015, Beijing, China.
- (Travel Grant Award) Chen Tongkai et al., “Small-sized mPEG-PLGA nanoparticles of Schisantherin A with sustained release for enhanced brain uptake and anti-Parkinsonian efficacy”. 15th Meeting of Consortium for Globalization of Chinese Medicine (CGCM), August 22-26, 2016, Taipei.
- (Travel Grant Award) Chen Chen et al., “Nanocrystals Development of BCS II class compound 20(s)-protopanaxadiol to Improve Its Oral Bioavailability and Brain Drug Delivery for Intracranial Tumors Therapy”. 14th CGCM Meeting, 17-20 Aug., 2015, London, Canada.
- (Travel Grant Award) Wang Lu et al., “Development of sustained-release PLGA nanoparticles with enhanced encapsulation efficiency loaded with dihydroartemisinin-phospholipid complex for cancer therapy”. 13th CGCM Meeting, 27-29 Aug., 2014, Beijing.
- (Poster Presentation Award) Yang Xiao et al., “Nanosuspension Development of Scutellarein – a Prodrug of Scutellarin for Oral Delivery”. Poster presentation at the 2013 AAPS@China Symposium, 17-18th Aug., 2013, Hong Kong.
- (Poster Presentation Award) Song Ju et al., “Preparation and in-vitro Anticancer Activity Evaluations of Ursolic Acid Nanosuspensions with Different Particles Size”. Poster presentation at the 2013 AAPS@China Symposium, 17-18th Aug., 2013, Hong Kong.
Editorial board member of Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Science
Editorial board member of Chinese Chemical Letters