|Dr. Ying ZHENG 鄭穎
Institute of Chinese Medical Sciences
University of Macau
- B.Sc., Peking University
- M.Phil., The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Ph.D., The Chinese University of Hong Kong
Ph.D. Course: CMED 805-Advanced Pharmaceutics
M.Sc. Course: CMED 812-Pharmaceutical Science
- Formulation study on poorly-water soluble APIs (BCS II & IV) in Chinese Medicine, e.g. nanocrystals, nanoemulsions, , solid dispersion produced by spray-freeze drying;
- Topical delivery of poorly-water soluble drugs to treat psoriasis;
- Study transport and integrity of particles across biological barriers on normal and disease models, e.g. Intestinal barrier, blood brain barrier, skin barrier etc;
- Crystal engineering on APIs in Chinese Medicine, e.g. polymorphism, cocrystals;
- TCM product development
We are looking for Master and PhD students who are interested to join our research group.
If you could meet the requirement of “Advanced Education European Asiatic Exchange Programme in Materials Science and Catalysis (EurasiaCat)”, please apply online at https://sites.google.com/site/emeurasiacat/home
Selected Publications in the past 5 years (*corresponding author):
- Ye Li, Tongkai Chen, Xiaoqing Miao, Xiang Yi, Xueqing Wang, Haitao Zhao, Simon Ming-Yuen Lee, Ying Zheng*. Zebrafish: a promising in vivo model for assessing the delivery of natural products, fluorescence dyes and drugs across the blood-brain barrier. Pharmacological Research, 2017 Nov;125:246-257.
- Ye Li, Xiaoning Song, Xiang Yi, Ruibing Wang, Simon Ming-Yuen Lee, Xueqing Wang*, Ying Zheng*. Zebrafish: a visual model to evaluate the biofate of transferrin receptor-targeted 7peptide-decorated coumarin 6 micelles. ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 2017 Nov 8;9(44):39048-39058.
- Tongkai Chen, Ye Li, Chuwen Li, Xiang Yi, Ruibing Wang, Simon Ming-Yuen Lee, Ying Zheng*. Pluronic P85/F68 Micelles of Baicalein Could Interfere with Mitochondria to Overcome MRP2-Mediated Efflux and Offer Improved Anti-Parkinsonian Activity. Molecular Pharmaceutics. 2017 Oct 2;14(10):3331-3342.
- Tongkai Chen, Jian Li, Ting Chen, Changquan Calvin Sun*, Ying Zheng*. Tablets of Multi-Unit Pellet System for Controlled Drug Delivery. J Control Release. 2017 Jul 31;262:222-231.
- Ye Li, Xiaoqing Miao, Tongkai Chen, Xiang Yi, Ruibing Wang, Haitao Zhao, Simon Ming-Yuen Lee, Xueqing Wang, Ying Zheng*. Zebrafish as a visual and dynamic model to study transport of nanosized drug delivery systems across the biological barriers. Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces 156:227-235, 2017.
- Sun L, Liu Z, Wang L, Cun D, Tong HH, Yan R, Chen X, Wang R, Zheng Y*. Enhanced topical penetration, system exposure and anti-psoriasis activity of two particle-sized, curcumin-loaded PLGA nanoparticles in hydrogel. J Control Release. 2017 May 28; 254:44-54.
- Tongkai Chen, Chuwen Li, Ye Li, Xiang Yi, Ruibing Wang, Simon Ming-Yuen Lee, Ying Zheng*. Small-sized mPEG-PLGA Nanoparticles of Schisantherin A with Sustained Release for Enhanced Brain Uptake and Anti-Parkinsonian Activity. ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces. 2017 Mar 22;9(11):9516-9527.
- C Bi, XQ Miao, SF Chow, WJ Wu, R Yan, YH Liao, AHL Chow, Y Zheng*. Particle size effect of curcumin nanosuspensions on cytotoxicity, cellular internalization, in vivo pharmacokinetics and biodistribution. Nanomedicine: NBM April 2017, 13(3): 943–953
- Tongkai Chen, Chuwen Li, Ye Li, Xiang Yi, Simon Ming-Yuen Lee, Ying Zheng*. Oral Delivery of a Nanocrystal Formulation of Schisantherin A with Improved Bioavailability and Brain Delivery for the Treatment of Parkinson’s Disease. Molecular Pharmaceutics 2016, 13 (11), pp 3864–3875.
- Zhengzheng Zhou, Wanying Li, Wei-Jhe Sun, Tongbu Lu, Henry H. Y. Tong, Changquan Calvin Sun*, Ying Zheng*. Resveratrol Cocrystals with Enhanced Solubility and Tabletability. Int. J. Pharm., 2016; 509(1-2):391-9.
- Xiaoqing Miao, Ye Li, Xueqing Wang, Simon MY Lee, Ying Zheng*. Transport Mechanism of Coumarin 6 Nanocrystal In MDCKII Monolayer and Larval Zebrafish. ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 2016, 8(20):12620-30.
- Zhengzheng Zhou, Hok Man Chan, Herman H. Y. Sung, Henry H. Y. Tong*, Ying Zheng*. Identification of New Cocrystal Systems with Stoichiometric Diversity of Salicylic Acid Using Thermal Methods. Pharm. Res. 2016; 33(4):1030-9 (cover page).
- Chen Chen, Lisha Wang, Fangrui Cao, Xiaoqing Miao, Tongkai Chen, Qi Chang, Ying Zheng*. Formulation of 20(S)-protopanaxadiol nanocrystals to improve oral bioavailability and brain delivery. Int. J. Pharm. 2016; 497:239-47.
- Lu Wang, Yafang Wang, Xueqing Wang, Lin Sun, Zhengzheng Zhou, Jinjian Lu*, Ying Zheng*. Encapsulation of Low Lipophilic and Slightly Water-Soluble Dihydroartemisinin in PLGA Nanoparticles with Phospholipid to Enhance Encapsulation Efficiency and In vitro Bioactivity. J. Microencapsulation 2015 Dec 1:1-10.
- Miao Xiaoqing, Zhou Jing, Li Jian, Liao Yonghong*, Zheng Ying*, Chinese Medicine in Inhalation Therapy: A Review of Clinical Application and Formulation Development. Current Pharmaceutical Design 2015;21(27):3917-31 (review).
- Yancai Wang, Ju Song, Shing Fung Chow, Albert H. L. Chow* Ying Zheng*. Particle size tailoring of ursolic acid nanosuspensions for improved anticancer activity by controlled antisolvent precipitation. Int. J. Pharm. 2015 Oct 15;494(1):479-89.
- Xiaoqing Miao, Ye Li, Ian Wyman, Simon M. Y. Lee, Donal H. Macartney, Ying Zheng* and Ruibing Wang*. Enhanced in vitro and in vivo uptake of a hydrophobic model drug coumarin-6 in the presence of curubituril. Med Chem Commun June 2015 6:1370-1374.
- Sun Lin, Liu Zeyu, Cun Dongmei, Henry Tong HY, Zheng Ying*. Application of Nano- and Micro-particles on the Topical Therapy of Skin-related Immune Disorders. Current Pharmaceutical Design 2015;21(19):2643-67 (review).
- Zhengzheng Zhou, Henry H. Y. Tong*, Liang Li, Fanny L. Y. Shek, Yang Lv, Ying Zheng*. Synthesis, characterization and thermal analysis of ursolic acid solid forms. Crystal Research & Technology June 50(7), 538–548 (2015).
- Zhengzheng Zhou, Henry H.Y. Tong, Liang Li, Fanny L.Y. Shek, Yang Lv, Zheng Y*. Synthesis, crystal structures and phase transformation of the new solid-state forms of tetrandrine. RSC Adv. 4: 62586-62593 2014.
- Yang X, Miao XQ, Cao FR, Li S, Ai NN, Chang Q, Simon Lee, Zheng Y*. Nanosuspension Development of Scutellarein as an Active and Rapid Orally Absorbed Precursor of its BCS Class IV Glycoside Scutellarin. J Pharm Sci 103(11):3576-84 2014.
- Song J, Wang YC, Song YL, Chan HM, Bi C, Yang X, Yan R, Wang YT and Zheng Y*. Development and Characterizations of Nanocrystals without Stabilizer of Ursolic Acid with Improved Dissolution Rate and In-vitro Anticancer Activity. AAPS PharmSciTech 15(1): 11-19 (2014).
- Zheng Y. Editorial: Novel Formulation Strategies for Poorly Water-soluble Drugs and Herbal Medicines. Current Pharmaceutical Design 20(3):301-2 (2014).
- Wang YC, Miao XQ, Sun L, Song J, Bi C, Yang X, Zheng Y*. Effects of nanosuspension formulations on transport, pharmacokinetics, in vivo targeting and efficacy for poorly water-soluble drugs. (Invited review article). Current Pharmaceutical Design 20(3): 454-473 (2014).
- Wang Y, Zheng Y, Zhang L, Wang Q, Zhang D. Stability of nanosuspensions in drug delivery. J Control Release. 172(3):1126-41(2013).
- Sun JB, Bi C, Chan HM, Sun SP, Zhang QW and Zheng Y*. Curcumin-loaded solid lipid nanoparticles have prolonged in-vitro antitumour activity, cellular uptake and improved in-vivo bioavailability. Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces 111:367-375 (2013).
- Li Y, Sun SP, Chang Q, Zhang L, Wang GN, Chen WX, Miao XQ, Zheng Y*. A strategy for the improvement of the bioavailability and anti-osteoporosis activity of BCS IV flavonoid glycosides through the formulation of their lipophilic aglycone into nanocrystals. Molecular Pharmaceutics 10: 2534-2542 (2013).
- Wang YC, Ma YY, Zheng Y, Song J, Yang X, Bi C, Zhang DR, Zhang Q. In vitro and in vivo anticancer activity of a novel puerarin nanosuspension against colon cancer, with high efficacy and low toxicity. Int. J. Pharm. 441(1-2): 728-735 (2013).
- Zhao Y, Zhou J, Liao YH, Zheng Y. Inhaled traditional Chinese medicine for respiratory diseases. Advances in Pulmonary Drug Delivery. CRC press.
- Chow, AHL, Tong, HY, & Zheng, Y. (06/2007). Stability Assessment and Formulation Characterization, In Shayne C. Gad (Ed). Handbook of Pharmaceutical Biotechnology. (pp. 371-416). USA: John Wiley & Sons.
Ongoing research project
- University of Macau ” Purification, in vivo antidepressant disorder activity, transport and pharmacokinetic evaluations of inulin-type fructooligosaccharides in Morinda officinalis after oral administration” (2017 to 2019).
- University of Macau ” Establishment of in-vivo quantification method of drugs as released and non-released forms after delivery of sustained-release nanocarriers and study on their relationship with pharmacodynamics” (2017 to 2020).
- NSFC ”Transport Mechanism and In-vivo Biodistribution Study of Nanomedicine in Polarized Epithelial Cell Monolayer and Larval Zebrafish (No. 81528021, 2016-2017).
- ERASMUS MUNDUS, ERUASICAT: Advanced Education European-Asiatic Exchange Progromme in Materials Science and Catalysis. (No. 552067-EM-1-2014-1-ES-ERA MUNDUS-EMA22), July 2014-Jule 2018, Academic coordinator of UM.
Editorial board member of Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Science
Add-hoc reviewers of several international referred journals: ACS: AMI; Chem. Comm.; J. Pharm. Sci.; Pharm. Res.; Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces; International Journal of Pharmaceutics; Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology; AAPS PharmSciTech; Drug Development and Industrial Pharmacy; Acta Pharmacologica Sinica; J. Microencapsulation; Chinese Pharmaceutical Journal etc.
University of Macau
Macao, ChinaRoom 6010, 6/F, N22