Sheng Peng WANG 王勝鵬
Programme Director (State Key Laboratory of Quality Research in Chinese Medicine)
- PhD. in Biomedical Sciences, University of Macau, Macao
- BSc. in Chinese Materia Medica (National Basic Scientific Research & Teaching Personnel Training Base), Chengdu University of TCM, China
- CMED8005 Quality Research in Chinese Medicine (Ph.D. Course)
- Drug discovery from Chinese medicine for prevention and treatment of inflammatory bowel disease and cancer.
- Development of novel delivery systems and health products of Chinese medicine.
Representative peer-reviewed journal papers (h-index 22, * co-/corresponding author; # co-first author)
- Tao H, Wu X, Cao J, Peng Y, Wang A, Pei J, Xiao J, Wang SP*, Wang YT*. Rhodiola species: A comprehensive review of traditional use, phytochemistry, pharmacology, toxicity, and clinical study. Medicinal Research Reviews. 2019; in press.
- Wu X, Hu W, Lu L, Zhao YS, Zhou YJ, Xiao ZG, Zhang L, Zhang HY, Li XB, Li WP, Wang SP, Cho CH, Shen J, Li MX. Repurposing Vitamin D for treatment of human malignancies via targeting tumor microenvironment. Acta Pharmaceutica Sinica B. 2019; 9:203-219.
- Zhou Y, Tao H, Wang A, Zhong Z, Wu X, Wang M, Bian Z, Wang SP*, Wang YT*. Chinese herb pair Paeoniae Radix Alba and Atractylodis Macrocephalae Rhizoma suppresses LPS-induced inflammatory response through inhibiting MAPK and NF-kappaB pathway. Chinese Medicine. 2019; 14:2.
- Zhong ZF, Yu HB, Wang SP, Wang YT, Cui L. Anti-cancer effects of Rhizoma Curcumae against doxorubicin-resistant breast cancer cells. Chinese Medicine. 2018; 13:44.
- Wu X, Wang SP*, Lu JR, Jing Y, Li MX, Cao JL, Bian BL, Hu CJ. Seeing the unseen of Chinese herbal medicine processing (Paozhi): advances in new perspectives. Chinese Medicine. 2018; 13:4.
- Wang SP, Xu YQ, Li CY, Tao HX, Wang AQ, Sun CY, Zhong ZF, Wu X, Li P, Wang YT. Gambogic acid sensitizes breast cancer cells to TRAIL-induced apoptosis by promoting the crosstalk of extrinsic and intrinsic apoptotic signalings. Food and Chemical Toxicology. 2018; 119:334-341.
- Wang AQ#, Wang SP#, Zhou FY, Li P, Wang YT, Gan LS, Lin LG. Physalin B induces cell cycle arrest and triggers apoptosis in breast cancer cells through modulating p53-dependent apoptotic pathway. Biomedicine & Pharmacotherapy. 2018; 101:334-341.
- Wang AQ, Li D, Wang SP, Zhou FY, Li P, Wang YT, Lin LG. gamma-Mangostin, a xanthone from mangosteen, attenuates oxidative injury in liver via NRF2 and SIRT1 induction. Journal of Functional Foods. 2018; 40:544-553.
- Huang CL, Wu X, Wang SP, Wang WJ, Guo F, Chen YY, Pan B, Zhang M, Fan XM. Combination of Salvia miltiorrhiza and ligustrazine attenuates bleomycin-induced pulmonary fibrosis in rats via modulating TNF-alpha and TGF-beta. Chinese Medicine. 2018; 13:36.
- Zhong ZF, Yu HB, Wang CM, Qiang WA, Wang SP, Zhang JM, Yu H, Cui L, Wu T, Li DQ, Wang YT. Furanodiene induces extrinsic and intrinsic apoptosis in doxorubicin-resistant MCF-7 breast cancer cells via NF-kappa B-independent mechanism. Frontiers in Pharmacology. 2017; 8:648.
- Xu YQ#, Wang SP#, Chan HF, Lu HW, Lin ZQ, He CW, Chen MW. Dihydromyricetin induces apoptosis and reverses drug resistance in ovarian cancer cells by p53-mediated downregulation of survivin. Scientific Reports. 2017; 7:46060.
- Xu YQ, Wang SP, Chan HF, Liu YL, Li H, He CW, Li ZY, Chen MW. Triphenylphosphonium-modified poly(ethylene glycol)-poly(epsilon-caprolactone) micelles for mitochondria- targeted gambogic acid delivery. International Journal of Pharmaceutics. 2017; 522:21-33.
- Wu X#, Wang SP#, Li MX, Wang AQ, Zhou YY, Li P, Wang YT*. Nanocarriers for TRAIL delivery: driving TRAIL back on track for cancer therapy. Nanoscale. 2017; 9:13879-13904.
- Wang SP, Wang AQ, Shao M, Lin LG, Li P, Wang YT. Schisandrin B reverses doxorubicin resistance through inhibiting P-glycoprotein and promoting proteasome-mediated degradation of survivin. Scientific Reports. 2017; 7:8419.
- Wang SP, Shao M, Zhong ZF, Wang AQ, Cao JL, Lu YC, Wang YT*, Zhang JM. Co-delivery of gambogic acid and TRAIL plasmid by hyaluronic acid grafted PEI-PLGA nanoparticles for the treatment of triple negative breast cancer. Drug Delivery. 2017; 24:1791-1800.
- Tan W, Zhong ZF, Wang SP, Liu H, Yu H, Tan R, Hu XD, Pan TR, Wang YT*. The typical metabolic modifiers conferring improvement in cancer resistance. Current Medicinal Chemistry. 2017; 24:3698-3710.
- Fang XB, Xu YQ, Wang SP, Wan JB, He CW, Chen MW*. Pluronic F68-linoleic acid nano-spheres mediated delivery of gambogic acid for cancer therapy. AAPS Pharmscitech. 2017; 18:147-155.
- Zou LD, Chen FQ, Bao JL, Wang SP, Wang L, Chen MW, He CW, Wang YT*. Preparation, characterization, and anticancer efficacy of evodiamine-loaded PLGA nanoparticles. Drug Delivery. 2016; 23:908-916.
- Zhong ZF, Qiang WW, Tan W, Zhang HT, Wang SP, Wang CM, Qiang WN, Wang YT. Chinese herbs interfering with cancer reprogramming metabolism. Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine. 2016; 2016:9282813.
- Wang SP, Zhang JM, Wang YT*, Chen MW*. Hyaluronic acid-coated PEI-PLGA nanoparticles mediated co-delivery of doxorubicin and miR-542-3p for triple negative breast cancer therapy. Nanomedicine-Nanotechnology Biology and Medicine. 2016; 12:411-420.
- Wang SP, Xu YQ, Chan HF, Kim HW, Wang YT, Leong KW, Chen MW*. Nanoparticle-mediated inhibition of survivin to overcome drug resistance in cancer therapy. Journal of Controlled Release. 2016; 240:454-464.
- Wang AQ, Wang SP, Jiang Y, Chen MW, Wang YT, Lin LG. Bio-assay guided identification of hepatoprotective polyphenols from Penthorum chinense Pursh on t-BHP induced oxidative stress injured L02 cells. Food & Function. 2016; 7:2074-2083.
- Cai YE, Wang SP, Wu MH, Tsosie JK, Xie X, Wan JB, He CW, Tian HY, Chen XS, Chen MW*. PCL-F68-PCL/PLGA-PEG-PLGA mixed micelles mediated delivery of mitoxantrone for reversing multidrug resistant in breast cancer. Rsc Advances. 2016; 6:35318-35327.
- Zhong ZF, Tan W, Wang SP, Qiang WA, Wang YT*. Anti-proliferative activity and cell cycle arrest induced by evodiamine on paclitaxel-sensitive and -resistant human ovarian cancer cells. Scientific Reports. 2015; 5:16415.
- Wang SP, Yang Y, Wang YT*, Chen MW*. Gambogic acid-loaded pH-sensitive mixed micelles for overcoming breast cancer resistance. International Journal of Pharmaceutics. 2015; 495:840-848.
- Wang SP, Qiu JG, Shi Z, Wang YT, Chen MW*. Nanoscale drug delivery for taxanes based on the mechanism of multidrug resistance of cancer. Biotechnology Advances. 2015; 33:224-241.
- Wang SP, Chen R, Morott J, Repka MA, Wang YT, Chen MW. mPEG-b-PCL/TPGS mixed micelles for delivery of resveratrol in overcoming resistant breast cancer. Expert Opinion on Drug Delivery. 2015; 12:361-373.
- Tan W, Zhong ZF, Wang SP, Suo ZW, Yang X, Hu XD, Wang YT*. Berberine Regulated Lipid Metabolism in the Presence of C75, Compound C, and TOFA in Breast Cancer Cell Line MCF-7. Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine. 2015; 2015:396035.
- Li XQ, de Toledo RA, Wang SP, Shim H. Removal of carbamazepine and naproxen by immobilized Phanerochaete chrysosporium under non-sterile condition. New Biotechnology. 2015; 32:282-289.
- Hu YY#, Wang SP#, Wang AQ, Lin LG, Chen MW, Wang YT. Antioxidant and Hepatoprotective Effect of Penthorum chinense Pursh Extract against t-BHP-Induced Liver Damage in L02 Cells. Molecules. 2015; 20:6443-6453.
- Chen RE#, Wang SP#, Zhang JM, Chen MW, Wang YT. Aloe-emodin loaded solid lipid nanoparticles: formulation design and in vitro anti-cancer study. Drug Delivery. 2015; 22:666-674.
- Wang SP, Wang L, Chen MW, Wang YT. Gambogic acid sensitizes resistant breast cancer cells to doxorubicin through inhibiting P-glycoprotein and suppressing survivin expression. Chemico-Biological Interactions. 2015; 235:76-84.
- Yang Y, Wang SP, Wang YT, Wang XH, Wang Q, Chen MW. Advances in self-assembled chitosan nanomaterials for drug delivery. Biotechnology Advances. 2014; 32:1301-1316.
- Wang SP, Wang L, Shi Z, Zhong ZF, Chen MW*, Wang YT*. Evodiamine Synergizes with Doxorubicin in the Treatment of Chemoresistant Human Breast Cancer without Inhibiting P-Glycoprotein. Plos One. 2014; 9:e97512.
- Wang SP, Chen RE, Zhong ZF, Shi Z, Chen MW*, Wang YT*. Epigallocatechin-3-Gallate potentiates the effect of curcumin in inducing growth inhibition and apoptosis of resistant breast cancer cells. American Journal of Chinese Medicine. 2014; 42:1279-1300.
- Wang L, Wang SP, Chen RE, Wang YP, Li H, Wang YT, Chen MW*. Oridonin loaded solid lipid nanoparticles enhanced antitumor activity in MCF-7 cells. Journal of Nanomaterials. 2014; 903646.
- Wang L, Li HT, Wang SP, Liu R, Wu ZS, Wang CM, Wang YT*, Chen MW. Enhancing the antitumor activity of berberine hydrochloride by solid lipid nanoparticle encapsulation. AAPS Pharmscitech. 2014; 15:1355-1355.
- Chen RE, Zhang JM, Hu YY, Wang SP, Chen MW, Wang YT*. Potential Antineoplastic effects of aloe-emodin: A comprehensive review. American Journal of Chinese Medicine. 2014; 42:275-288.
- Wu GS, Song YL, Yin ZQ, Guo JJ, Wang SP, Zhao WW, Chen XP, Zhang QW, Lu JJ, Wang YT. Ganoderiol a-enriched extract suppresses migration and adhesion of MDA-MB-231 cells by inhibiting FAK-SRC-Paxillin cascade pathway. Plos One. 2013; 8:e76620.
- Wang SP, Zhong ZF, Wan JB, Tan W, Wu GS, Chen MW, Wang YT*. Oridonin induces apoptosis, inhibits migration and invasion on highly-metastatic human breast cancer cells. American Journal of Chinese Medicine. 2013; 41:177-196.
- Wang SP, Zhang JM, Chen MW, Wang YT. Delivering flavonoids into solid tumors using nanotechnologies. Expert Opinion on Drug Delivery. 2013; 10:1411-1428.
- Hu YY#, Wang SP#, Wu X, Zhang JM, Chen R, Chen MW, Wang YT. Chinese herbal medicine-derived compounds for cancer therapy: A focus on hepatocellular carcinoma. Journal of Ethnopharmacology. 2013; 149:601-612.
- Han W#, Wang SP#, Liang RX, Wang L, Chen MW, Li H, Wang YT. Non-ionic surfactant vesicles simultaneously enhance antitumor activity and reduce the toxicity of cantharidin. International Journal of Nanomedicine. 2013; 8:2187-2196.
- Chen MW, Zhang JM, Lai YF, Wang SP, Li P, Xiao J, Fu CM, Hu H, Wang YT. Analysis of Pogostemon cablin from pharmaceutical research to market performances. Expert Opinion on Investigational Drugs. 2013; 22:245-257.
- Chen MW, Chen RE, Wang SP, Tan W, Hu YY, Peng XS, Wang YT. Chemical components, pharmacological properties, and nanoparticulate delivery systems of Brucea javanica. International Journal of Nanomedicine. 2013; 8:85-92.
- Zhong ZF, Li YB, Wang SP, Tan W, Chen XP, Chen MW, Wang YT. Furanodiene enhances tamoxifen-induced growth inhibitory activity of ERa-positive breast cancer cells in a PPAR gamma independent manner. Journal of Cellular Biochemistry. 2012; 113:2643-2651.
- Wang SP, Wu X, Tan M, Gong J, Tan W, Bian BL, Chen MW, Wang YT*. Fighting fire with fire: Poisonous Chinese herbal medicine for cancer therapy. Journal of Ethnopharmacology. 2012; 140:33-45.
- Wang SP, Hu YY, Tan W, Wu X, Chen RE, Cao JL, Chen MW, Wang YT*. Compatibility art of traditional Chinese medicine: From the perspective of herb pairs. Journal of Ethnopharmacology. 2012; 143:412-423.
- Wang SP, Chen TK, Chen RE, Hu YY, Chen MW, Wang YT*. Emodin loaded solid lipid nanoparticles: Preparation, characterization and antitumor activity studies. International Journal of Pharmaceutics. 2012; 430:238-246.
- Gong J, Chen MW, Zheng Y, Wang SP, Wang YT*. Polymeric micelles drug delivery system in oncology. Journal of Controlled Release. 2012; 159:312-323.
- Chen MW, Zhang JM, Yu SQ, Wang SP, Zhang ZJ, Chen JQ, Xiao J, Wang YT. Anti-lung-cancer activity and liposome-based delivery systems of beta-elemene. Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine. 2012; 2012:259523.
- Wang SP, Tan M, Zhong ZF, Chen MW, Wang YT*. Nanotechnologies for curcumin: an ancient puzzler meets modern solutions. Journal of Nanomaterials. 2011; 723178.
- Chen MW, Zhong ZF, Tan W, Wang SP, Wang YT*. Recent advances in nanoparticle formulation of oleanolic acid. Chinese Medicine. 2011; 6:20.
- Chen MW#, Wang SP#, Tan M, Wang YT*. Applications of nanoparticles in herbal medicine: zedoary turmeric oil and its active compound beta-elemene. American Journal of Chinese Medicine. 2011; 39:1093-1102.
- Wang SP, Chen MW, Zhou Q, Chan HK. Novel formulations and drug delivery systems for phytotherapies. In: Phytotherapies: Efficacy, Safety and Regulation. Iqbal Ramzan ed., John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 2014. (ISBN: 978-1-118-26806-3).
- Wang SP, Gong J, Chen MW. Novel drug delivery systems for Chinese medicine. In: Modern technology and progress on anti-tumor Chinese medicine. YT Wang ed., People’s Medical Publishing House, Beijing, 2012. (ISBN: 978-7-117-16227-2).
- Wang YT, LI P, Yu H, Wang CM, Wang SP, Zhang JM. Development of solid-liquid capsules for Chinese medicine. China, CN106963742A. 2016.
Member, International Society for Chinese Medicine
Member, International Society of Quality Research of Chinese Medicine
Editorial member of Mini Rev Med Chem and Journal Integrative Medicine (2018-).
Youth Editorial Member of Chinese Medicine (2017-).
Member of International Natural Product Sciences Taskforce (2017-).
Ad-hoc reviewer of more than 10 peer-reviewed academic journals, including Int J Biol Macromol, J Ethnopharmacology (Outstanding reviewer), Phytomedicine, Food Chem Toxicol, etc.