Ying Wang 王 穎
- B.Sc., Jilin University and Shenyang Pharmaceutical University, China
- Ph.D., The University of Hong Kong, HK
- Postdoctoral training, Yale University, USA
CMED703 Introduction to Research in Chinese Medicinal Science
CMED723 Progress in Contemporary Study of Chinese Medicine
CMED824 Advanced Pharmacology
- Anti-inflammation and anti-liver cancer drug development
- Chemical biology of natural product and derivatives
We are looking for young talents who are interested in our research projects on drug discovery and molecular pharmacology to join us. For further details, please contact Dr. Wang at email@example.com
Selected Publications (*corresponding author; # equal contribution)
- Dan Li, Qianyu Liu, Wen Sun, Xiuping Chen, Ying Wang, Yuxiang Sun, Ligen Lin*. 1,3,6,7-tetrahydroxy-8-prenylxanthone ameliorates inflammatory responses resulted in by the paracrine interaction of adipocytes and macrophages. British Journal of Pharmacology, 175(10):1590-1606, 2018.
- Feng Li#, Xiao-Min Li#, Dekun Sheng, Shao-Ru Chen, Xin Nie, Zhuyun Liu, Decai Wang, Yitao Wang, Qi Zhao, Ying Wang*, Guo-Chun Zhou*. Discovery and preliminary SAR of 14-aryloxy-andrographolide derivatives as antibacterial agents with immunosuppressant activity. RSC Advances, 8: 9440-9456, 2018.
- Xian-Qiang Chen, Jing Zhao*, Ling-Xiao Chen, Shen-Fei Wang, Ying Wang*, Shao-Ping Li*. Lanostane triterpenes from the mushroom Ganoderma resinaceum and their inhibitory activities against alpha-glucosidase. Phytochemistry, 149: 103-115, 2018.
- Shao-Ru Chen, Yan Dai, Jing Zhao, Ligen Lin, Yitao Wang*, Ying Wang*. A mechanistic overview of Triptolide and Celastrol: natural products from Tripterygium wilfordii Hook F. Frontiers in Pharmacology, 9: 104, 2018.
- Ying Wang, Shao-Ru Chen, Xiaoming Yang, Kuo-Hsiung Lee, Yung-Chi Cheng. Structure-activity relationships of cryptopleurine analogs with E-ring modifications as anti-hepatitis C virus agents. Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry, 26: 630-636, 2018.
- Min Li, Ling-Xiao Chen, Shao-Ru Chen, Yong Deng, Jing Zhao, Ying Wang*, Shao-Ping Li*. Nonstarch polysaccharide from Chinese yam activated Toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4)-NF-κB signaling in RAW 264.7 macrophage cells. Journal of Functional Foods, 37: 491-500, 2017.
- Ying Wang, Sangwon Lee, Ya Ha, Wing Lam, Shao-Ru Chen, Ginger E. Dutschman, Elizabeth A. Gullen, Susan P. Grill, Yao Cheng, Alois Fürstner, Samson Francis, David C. Baker, Xiaoming Yang, Kuo-Hsiung Lee, and Yung-Chi Cheng*. Tylophorine analogs allosterically regulates heat shock cognate protein 70 and inhibits hepatitis C virus replication. Scientific Reports, 7: 10037, 2017.
- Tianshu Xu, Tianlei Ying, Lili Wang, Xiaohua Douglas Zhang, Ying Wang, Lishan Kang, Tao Huang, Liang Cheng, Liping Wang, Qi Zhao. A native-like bispecific antibody suppresses the inflammatory cytokine response by simultaneously neutralizing tumor necrosis factor-alpha and interleukin-17A. Oncotarget, 8: 81860, 2017.
- Bao-Jian Guo, Zhao-Xiang Bian, Hong-Cong Qiu, Yitao Wang, Ying Wang*. Biological and clinical implications of herbal medicine and natural products for the treatment of inflammatory bowel disease. Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences, 1401: 37-48, 2017.
- Xin Nie, Shao-Ru Chen, Kun Wang, Yuran Peng, Yitao Wang, Decai Wang, Ying Wang*, Guo-Chun Zhou*. Attenuation of innate immunity by andrographolide derivatives through NF-κB signaling pathway. Scientific Reports, 7: 4738, 2017.
- Lie-Jun Huang#, Shao-Ru Chen#, Chun-Mao Yuan, Wei Gu, Bao-Jian Guo, Yi-Tao Wang, Ying Wang*, Xiao-Jiang Hao*. C21-steroidal pregnane sapogenins and their derivatives as anti-inflammatory agents. Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry, 25: 3512-3524, 2017.
- Min Li, Yi-Xi Yan, Qing-Tao Yu, Yong Deng, Ding-Tao Wu, Ying Wang, Ya-Zhong Ge, Shao-Ping Li*, Jing Zhao*. Comparison of immunomodulatory effects of fresh garlic and black garlic polysaccharides on RAW 264.7 macrophages. Journal of Food Science, 82: 765-771, 2017.
- Ying Wang, Wing Lam, Shao-Ru Chen, Fulan-Guan, Ginger Dutchman, Samson Francis, David Baker, Yung-Chi Cheng*. Tylophorine analog DCB-3503 inhibited cyclin D1 translation through allosteric regulation of heat shock cognate protein 70. Scientific Reports, 6: 32832, 2016.
- Shao-Ru Chen, An-Qi Wang, Hong-Cong Qiu, Li-Gen Lin, Yi-Tao Wang*, Ying Wang*. In Vitro Study on Anti-Hepatitis C Virus Activity of Spatholobus suberectus Dunn. Molecules, 21: 1367, 2016.
- Xuenong Zhang, Wenwen Zhao, Ying Wang, Jinjian Lu, Xiuping Chen*. The chemical constituents and bioactivities of Psoralea corylifolia Linn.: a review. American Journal of Chinese Medicine, 44: 35, 2016.
- Shao-Ru Chen, Hong-Cong Qiu, Yang Hu, Ying Wang*, Yi-Tao Wang*. Herbal medicine offered as an initiative therapeutic option for the management of hepatocellular carcinoma. Phytotherapy Research, 30: 863, 2016.
- Shao-Ru Chen, Xiu-Ping Chen, Jin-Jian Lu, Ying Wang*, Yi-Tao Wang*. Implications of natural product and herbal medicine for the treatment of liver fibrosis. Chinese Medicine, 10: 7, 2015.
- Ying Wang*, Qing-Yu He, Jen-Fu Chiu*. Dioscin induced activation of p38 MAPK and JNK via mitochondrial pathway in HL-60 cell line. European Journal of Pharmacology, 735: 52, 2014.
- Ying Wang, Hui-Chyn Wong, Elizabeth A. Gullen, Wing Lam, Xiaoming Yang, Qian Shi, Kuo-Hsiung Lee, Yung-Chi Cheng*. Cryptopleurine analogs with modification of E ring exhibit different mechanism to Rac-cryptopleurine and tylophorine. PLoS ONE, 7: e51138, 2012.
- Ying Wang, Wenli Gao, Yuri V. Svitkin, Annie Pei-Chun Chen, Yung-Chi Cheng*. DCB-3503, a tylophorine analog, inhibits protein synthesis through a novel mechanism. PLoS ONE, 5: e11607, 2010.
- Ying Wang, Qing-Yu He, Sai-Wah Tsao, Yim-Hing Cheung, Anita Wong, Jen-Fu Chiu*. Cytokeratin 8 silencing in human nasopharyngeal carcinoma cells leads to cisplatin sensitization. Cancer Letters, 265: 188, 2008.
- Chi-Chun Wong, Ying Wang, Jen-Fu Chiu, Qing-Yu He*, Feng Chen*. Comparative proteomic analysis of indioside D-triggered cell death in HeLa cells. Journal of Proteome Research, 8: 2420, 2008.
- Ying Wang, Qing-Yu He, Chi-Ming Che, Sai Wah Tsao, Raymond Wai-Yin Sun, Jen-Fu Chiu*. Modulation of gold(III) porphyrin 1a-induced apoptosis by mitogen-activated protein kinase signaling pathways. Biochemical Pharmacology, 75: 1282, 2008.
- Ying Wang, Jen-Fu Chiu*. Proteomic approaches in understanding action mechanisms of metal-based anticancer drugs. Metal Based Drugs, 2008: 716329, 2008.
- Andy T.Y. Lau#, Ying Wang#, Jen-Fu Chiu*. Reactive oxygen species: current knowledge and applications in cancer research and therapeutic. Journal of Cellular Biochemistry, 104: 657-667, 2008.
- Ying Wang, Jen-Fu Chiu, Qing-Yu He*. Isolation of cytoplasmic proteins from cultured cells for two-dimensional gel electrophoresis. 2D PAGE: Sample Preparation and Fractionation. Methods in Molecular Biology, 425: 101-112, 2008.
- Ying Wang, Chi-Ming Che, Jen-Fu Chiu, Qing-Yu He*. Dioscin (saponin)-induced generation of reactive oxygen species through mitochondria dysfunction: a proteomic-based study. Journal of Proteome Research, 6: 4703, 2007.
- Ying Wang, Qing-Yu He, Hongmin Chen, Jen-Fu Chiu*. Synergistic effects of retinoic acid and tamoxifen on human breast cancer cells: proteomic characterization. Experimental Cell Research, 313: 357, 2007.
- Ying Wang, Qing-Yu He, Raymond Wai-Yin Sun, Chi-Ming Che*, Jen-Fu Chiu*. Cellular pharmacological properties of gold(III) porphyrin 1a, a potential anticancer drug lead. European Journal of Pharmacology, 554: 113, 2007.
- Ying Wang, Yim Hing Cheung, Zhiqi Yang, Jen-Fu Chiu, Chi-Ming Che*, Qing-Yu He*. Proteomic approach to study the cytotoxicity of dioscin (saponin). Proteomics, 6: 2422, 2006.
- Ying Wang, Qing-Yu He, Chi-Ming Che*, Jen-Fu Chiu*. Proteomic characterization of the cytotoxic mechanism of gold(III) porphyrin 1a, a potential anticancer drug. Proteomics, 6: 131, 2006.
- Ying Wang, Jen-Fu Chiu, Qing-Yu He*. Proteomics approach to illustrate drug action mechanisms. Current Drug Discovery Technologies, 3: 199-209, 2006.
- Ying Wang, Qing-Yu He, Raymond Wai-Yin Sun, Chi-Ming Che*, Jen-Fu Chiu*. Gold(III) porphyrin 1a induced apoptosis by mitochondrial death pathways related to reactive oxygen species. Cancer Research, 65: 11553, 2005.
- The Consortium for Globalization of Chinese Medicine Member
University of Macau