Cheong–Meng CHONG, 鍾昌明
Lecturer (UM Macao Fellow)
Ph.D. (Biomedical Sciences) at University of Macau, Macao.
(1) Understanding the molecular basis of cellular pathology in neurodegenerative diseases.
(2) Identifying the bioactive components from traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) for treatment of neurodegenerative diseases.
(3) Functional TCM-derived food products development.
- Chong CM, Ke M, Tan Y, Huang Z, Zhang Z, Ai N, Ge W, Qin D, Lu JH, Su H. Presenilin 1 deficiency suppresses autophagy in human neural stem cells through reducing γ-secretase-independent ERK/CREB signaling. Cell Death and Disease. 2018. (In press) (IF: 5.638)
- Chong CM, Ai N, Lee MY. ROCK in CNS: different roles of isoforms, and therapeutic target for neurodegenerative disorders. Current drug targets. 2017;18(4):455-462. (IF: 3.112)
- Chong CM, Ai N, Ke M, Tan Y, Huang Z, Lu JH, Ge W, Su H. Roles of nitric oxide synthase isoforms in neurogenesis. Mol Neurobiol. 2017. (IF: 5.076)
- Chong CM, Zheng W. Artemisinin protects human retinal pigment epithelial cells from hydrogen peroxide-induced oxidative damage through activation of ERK/CREB signaling. Redox biology. 2016. Oct;9:50-56 (IF: 7.126)
- Chong CM, Kou MT, Pan P, Zhou H, Ai N, Li C, Zhong HJ, Leung CH, Hou T, Lee MY. Discovery of a novel ROCK2 inhibitor with anti-migration effect via docking and high-content drug screening. 2016. 12(9):2713-21. Molecular Biosystems. (IF: 2.829).
- Zheng W, Chong CM, Wang H, Zhou X, Zhang L, Wang R, Meng Q, Lazarovici P and Fang J. Artemisinin conferred ERK mediated neuroprotection to PC12 cells and cortical neurons exposed to sodium nitroprusside-induced oxidative insult. Free radical biology and medicine. 2016. 27;97:158-167. (IF: 6.02).
- Chong CM, Ma D, Zhao C, Franklin RJ, Zhou ZY, Li C, Ai N, Yu H, Hou T, Sa F, Lee MY. Discovery of a novel neuroprotectant, BHDPC that protects against MPP+-induced neuronal death in multiple experimental models. Free radical biology and medicine. 2015. 89:1057-1066 (IF: 6.02).
- Zhang Z, Li G, Szeto SS, Chong CM, Quan Q, Huang C, Cui W, Guo B, Wang Y, Han Y, Michael Siu KW, Lee SM, Chu IK. Examining the neuroprotective effects of protocatechuic acid and chrysin on in vitro and in vivo models of Parkinson’s disease. Free radical biology and medicine. 2015. 84:331-43 (IF: 6.02).
- Chong CM, Shen MG, Zhou ZY, Pan P, Hoi PM, Li S, Wang L, Ai N, Zhang LQ, Li CW, Yu HD, Hou TJ, Lee MY. Discovery of a benzofuran derivative (MBPTA) as a novel ROCK inhibitor in protecting against MPP+-induced oxidative stress and cell death in SH-SY5Y cells. Free radical biology and medicine. 2014. 74:283-93. (IF: 6.02).
- Pai CH, Chiang BY, Ko TP, Chou CC, Chong CM, Yen FJ, Chen S, Coward JK, Wang AH, Lin CH. Dual binding sites for translocation catalysis by Escherichia coli glutathionylspermidine synthetase. EMBO J. 2006. 25(24):5970- 82. (IF: 10.557).
- Young Editorial Consultant of Chinese Medicine
- Director of Macau Life Sciences Institute (MLSI)
- The permanent member of Macau Laboratory Technologist Association (MLTA)
Institute of Chinese Medical Sciences
University of Macau
Room 1017, N22 Research Building
Telephone: (853) 8822-4512
Fax: (853) 2884-1358