Cheong Meng CHONG 鍾昌明
- Postdoctoral training, National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Ph.D., University of Macau, Macau
|CMED8003||Functional Food Product Development in Chinese Medicine|
|CMED7009||Development of Drugs and Health Product|
|HSCI3000||Neuroscience and Neurodegenerative Diseases|
- Understanding the molecular basis of cellular pathology in neurodegenerative diseases.
- Identifying the bioactive components from traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) for treatment of neurodegenerative diseases.
- Functional TCM-derived food products development.
We are looking for Ph.D. students and master students who are interested in neuropharmacology. For further information, please contact Dr. Chong via email (email@example.com).
- Chong CM, Zhong Z, Vong CT, Wang S, Lu JJ, Zhong HJ, Su H, Wang Y. The potentials of Uncariae Ramulus Cum Uncis for treatment of migraine: Targeting CGRP in the trigeminovascular system. Current Neuropharmacology. 2021. (IF: 7.363).
- Ke M*, Chong CM*, Zhu Qi, Zhang K, Cai CZ, Lu J, Qin D, Su H. Comprehensive perspectives on experimental models for Parkinson’s disease. Aging and Disease. 2020. (IF: 6.745) (Co-first author).
- Ke M*, Chong CM*, Zeng H, Huang M, Huang Z, Zhang K, Cen X, Lu J, Yao X, Qin D, Su H. Azoramide protects iPSC-derived dopaminergic neurons with PLA2G6 D331Y mutation through restoring ER function and CREB signaling. Cell Death and Disease. 2020.11(2):130. (IF: 8.469) (Co-first author).
- Ke M*, Chong CM*, Su H. Using induced pluripotent stem cells for modeling Parkinson’s disease. World Journal of Stem Cells. 2019. 11(9):634-649. (IF: 5.326) (co-first author).
- Chong CM, Su H, Lu JJ, Wang Y. The neuroprotective effects of bioactive components from rhizome of Salvia miltiorrhiza (Danshen) on Alzheimer’s disease. Chinese Medicine. 2019. 14:19. (IF: 5.455).
- Chong CM, Ke M, Tan Y, Huang Z, Zhang Z, Ai N, Ge W, Qin D, Lu JH, Su H. Presenilin 1 deficiency suppresses autophagy in human neural stem cells through reducing γ-secretase-independent ERK/CREB signaling. Cell Death and Disease. 2018. 9(9):879. (IF: 8.469).
- Chong CM, Ai N, Ke M, Tan Y, Huang Z, Lu JH, Ge W, Su H. Roles of nitric oxide synthase isoforms in neurogenesis. Mol Neurobiol. 2018. 55(3):2645-2652. (IF: 5.590).
- Chong CM, Ai N, Lee MY. ROCK in CNS: different roles of isoforms, and therapeutic target for neurodegenerative disorders. Current drug targets. 2017. 18(4):455-462. (IF: 3.465).
- Chong CM, Ma D, Zhao C, Franklin RJ, Zhou ZY, Li C, Ai N, Yu H, Hou T, Sa F, Lee MY. Discovery of a novel neuroprotectant, BHDPC that protects against MPP+-inducedneuronal death in multiple experimental models. Free radical biology and medicine. 2015.89:1057-1066 (IF: 7.376).
- Chong CM, Shen MG, Zhou ZY, Pan P, Hoi PM, Li S, Wang L, Ai N, Zhang LQ, Li CW, Yu HD, Hou TJ, Lee MY. Discovery of a benzofuran derivative (MBPTA) as a novel ROCK inhibitor in protecting against MPP+-induced oxidative stress and cell death in SH-SY5Y cells. Free radical biology and medicine. 2014. 74:283-93. (IF: 7.376).
- Young Editorial Consultant of Chinese Medicine
- Director of Macau Life Sciences Institute (MLSI)
- The permanent member of Macau Laboratory Technologist Association (MLTA)