Ref. no. ICMS-2021-01
Institute of Chinese Medical Sciences (ICMS) of the University of Macau opens position for Laboratory Research Assistants. Applicant should send an application letter, detailed curriculum vitae, a recent photo, a copy of identification (ID), copies of academic certificates and the transcripts, and related materials to ChrisChan@um.edu.mo / WengL@um.edu.mo for details.
- Operate and maintain microscopy system, multi-label counter, real-time PCR machine, ultra-high speed centrifuge, liquid nitrogen tank, etc;
- Microbial detection and identification for food and water
- Maintain the laboratory environment & safety ;
- Assist in equipment use and training for laboratory users;
- Assist in other laboratory related activities.
- Bachelor degree or above, major in Biology, Molecular Biology, Neurophysiology, Cell Biology, Microbiology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Biochemistry or any related discipline, equivalent work experience and/or qualification will also be considered; fresh graduates are welcome;
- Hands-on experience above 1 year in operating the following equipment: real-time PCR machine, labelling free technology or related instruments will be given a higher priority;
- Certificate related to ISO 17025 or other equivalent laboratory accreditation would be an advantage.
- Relevant research or working experience would be an advantage ;
- Responsible, motivated and initiative personality
- Good command of English or Chinese;
- Good communication skills and ability to work well within a team environment;