Water & Food safety is a critical activity. The quality problem of the water & food would have dramatic consequences to the staffs and students in UM. It would be an extremely annoying, possibly costly and unpleasant experience.
ICMS has therefore co-operated with the Office of Health, Safety and Environmental Affairs (HSEO) to provide testing and monitoring service on drinking water, edible ice, swimming pool water, artificial lake water & food at UM.
ICMS refers to testing standards that combines Macao, the Mainland and overseas’ regulation to closely monitor the water and food quality. Our analysis covers a range of micro-organisms, heavy metals, physical and chemical aspects, etc. The testing result will be submitted to HSEO for further action.
- Physico-chemical parameters: Turbidity, Free chlorine, pH, COD, BOD5, Total Phosphorus, Total Nitrogen, N-NH3, Ozone, etc.
- Heavy metals: Cadmium, Chromium, Copper, Lead, Iron, etc.
- Microorganism: Total Bacteria Count, E.Coli/Coliform Count, Fecal Coliform Count, Legionella spp., etc.
Micro-organism for read-to-eat food
- Aerobic colony count (ACC)
- Indicator orgainism (such as E. Coli)
- Specific Pathogens: ( such as Salmonella spp., Listeria monocytogenes, Staphylococcus aureus, Bacillus cereus, etc )