Chair: Prof. Jianbo WAN
- The Director of ICMS;
- The heads of research units;
- All the full-time academic staff at the rank of assistant professor or above;
- One student representative of each research unit in ICMS, elected by students from among themselves within the research unit of ICMS, who shall serve a term of one year or less;
- The Registrar or his/her representative.
The Pedagogic Committee shall be accountable to the Senate for the teaching and research coordination and improvement, and shall have the following powers and duties:
- To propose to the Senate concerning the establishment, alteration or dissolution of research units;
- To propose to the Senate concerning the curriculum development and revision;
- To propose to the Senate concerning admission standards, the appointment of external examiners, the assessment of the studies of the students and the requirements for graduation;
- To give suggestions concerning pedagogic affairs and review the criteria for teaching evaluation;
- To propose to the Senate concerning the criteria for constitution and composition of examination committees for the master’s degree, doctoral degree and other academic qualifications;
- To endorse the lists of potential graduates and degrees to be awarded at the end of the academic year;
- Under special circumstances, the Chair may endorse the lists of potential graduates and degrees to be awarded, which shall be ratified in the Pedagogic Committee meeting that follows;
- To handle other affairs at the request of the Senate.