|Meiwan CHEN 陳美婉|
- PhD Sun Yat-sen University
- MSc Jinan University
- Master Courses: Systems Biology (CMED719), Pharmaceutical Science (CMED718)
- Ph.D. Courses: Pharmaceutical Engineering and Biomaterials Science (CMED812)
- Dr. Meiwan Chen’s research focuses on drug delivery system of active ingredients from Chinese medicine (AIFCM) for cancer therapy. She has published 90 top-tier SCI journals (IF>10, 9 papers) as the first/corresponding author, including Advanced Materials, ACS Nano, Nano Letters, Biomaterials, and many more. Her publications have been cited over 2900 times, with an h-index of 34, with 6 being recognized internationally as “ESI highly cited papers”. She has been in charge of 13 projects funded by NSFC as well as the Macau Fund. She also published 5 book chapters and 7 patents. In 2012/2014/2018, she won the Natural Science Award (2nd/2nd/3rd Class) in the first/second/fourth Macao Science and Technology Award. She (co-)supervises more than 20 PhD/MSc graduates: one graduate ranked first under Young Elite Scientist Sponsorship Programme; one student received the 9th China Youth Science and Technology Innovation Award; seven students received the Macao Science and Technology Award-Scientific and Technological R&D Awards for Postgraduates; and more than thirty conference awards.
We are looking for Ph.D./master students, research assistants, and postdoctoral fellows who are interested in Biomaterial and Nanomedicine. For further information, please contact Dr. Chen at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 陳美婉，博士，副教授，博士生導師。國家自然科學基金優秀青年科學基金獲得者。主要從事中藥活性成分遞送系統的研究，通過設計基於生物醫用高分子的藥物載體，提高中藥活性成分遞送效率並探索其在腫瘤治療中的作用及機制。發表第一/通訊作者SCI論文共90多篇，成果發表於Advanced Materials、ACS Nano、Nano Letters 和 Biomaterials 等藥劑學和生物材料領域的國際權威期刊。6篇論文入圍“ESI高被引論文”。所有論文他引>2900次， H因子34。主持國家自然科學基金優秀青年科學基金項目、澳門科學技術發展基金和澳門大學基金等13項研究項目。參與5部中英文學術著作的編寫和7項專利的申請。榮獲第一/二/四屆澳門特別行政區自然科學獎（2012/2014/2018）。擔任Current Drug Delivery、Chinese Chemical Letters、Acta Pharmaceutica Sinica B 等期刊（青年）編委，世界中聯中藥藥劑委員會第三屆理事會常務理事兼副秘書長、中國生物材料學會生物醫用高分子材料分會委員和中國醫藥生物技術協會納米生物技術分會委員等。指導博碩士20多名：榮獲1項第四屆中國科協青年人才托舉工程，1項第九屆中國青少年科技創新獎、7項澳門研究生科研獎和30多項海內外會議獎勵等。
- Excellent Young Scientist Fund, NSFC, China
- Third Prize, Natural Science Award, Macao Science and Technology Awards 2018 (Awarded to YT Wang, MW Chen, CM Wang, RB Wang)
- Second Prize, Natural Science Award, Macao Science and Technology Awards 2014 (Awarded to CH Leung, YT Wang, JJ Lu, MW Chen, XP Chen)
- Second Prize, Natural Science Award, Macao Science and Technology Awards 2012 (Awarded to YT Wang, SMY Lee, XP Chen, MW Chen, JJ Lu)
- Scientific and Technological R&D Awards for Postgraduates, Macao Science and Technology Award 2018: Yu Yang, Yingqi Xu
- Scientific and Technological R&D Awards for Postgraduates, Macao Science and Technology Award 2016: Lu Wang, Yuee Cai
- Scientific and Technological R&D Awards for Postgraduates, Macao Science and Technology Award 2014: Ruie Chen, Shengpeng Wang
- Scientific and Technological R&D Awards for Postgraduates, Macao Science and Technology Award 2012: Shengpeng Wang
|September 2019||September 2016|
Selected International Peer-reviewed Journal articles (*co-/corresponding author)
- MW Chen*, XZ Zhou, RE Chen, JL Wang, R D. Ye, CB Wu, R I. Mahato. Nano-carriers for Delivery and Targeting of Active Ingredients of Chinese Medicine for Hepatocellular Carcinoma Therapy. Materials Today, 2019, 25: 66-87. (IF: 24.372)
- TT Pan, C Yang, JY Shi, CX Hao, Y Qiao, JZ Li, MY Deng, YQ Tian*, MW Chen*. Dual pH and Oxygen Luminescent Nanoprobes Based on Graft Polymers for Extracellular Metabolism Monitoring and Intracellular Imaging. Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical, 2019, 291: 306-318. (IF: 6.393)
- Y Yang, WJ Zhu, LZ Feng, Y Chao, X Yi, ZL Dong, K Yang, WH Tan, Z Liu*, MW Chen*. G-quadruplex based Nanoscale coordination-polymers to modulate tumor hypoxia and achieve nuclear-targeted drug delivery for enhanced photodynamic therapy. Nano letters, 2018, 18 (11): 6867-6875. (IF: 12.279)
- Y Yang, LG Xu, WJ Zhu, LZ Feng, JJ Liu, Q Chen, ZL Dong, JY Zhao, Z Liu*, MW Chen*. One-pot synthesis of pH-responsive charge-switchable PEGylated nanoscale coordination polymers for improved cancer therapy. Biomaterials, 2018, 156: 121-133. (IF: 10.273)
- ZP Guo, L Lin, J Chen, XZ Zhou, HF Chan, XS Chen, HY Tian*, MW Chen*. Poly (ethylene glycol)-poly-L-glutamate complexed with polyethyleneimine-polyglycine for highly efficient gene delivery in vitro and in vivo. Biomaterials Science, 2018, 6(11): 3053-3062. (IF: 5.251)
- XJ Song, J Xu, C Liang, Y Chao, QT Jin, C Wang, MW Chen*, Z Liu*. Self-supplied tumor oxygenation through separated liposomal delivery of H2O2 and catalase for enhanced radio-immunotherapy of cancer. Nano letters, 2018, 18 (10): 6360-6368. (IF: 12.279)
- JM Zhang†, JJ Li†, Z Shi, Y Yang, X Xie, SMY Lee*, YT Wang, KW Leong, MW Chen*. pH-sensitive polymeric nanoparticles for co-delivery of doxorubicin and curcumin to treat cancer via enhanced pro-apoptotic and anti-angiogenic activities. Acta Biomaterialia, 2017, 58: 349-364. (IF: 6.638)
- LZ Feng, DL Tao, ZL Dong, Q Chen, Y Chao, Z Liu*, MW Chen*. Near-infrared light activation of quenched liposomal Ce6 for synergistic cancer phototherapy with effective skin protection. Biomaterials, 2017, 127: 13-24. (IF: 10.273)
- Y Yang, WJ Zhu, ZL Dong, Y Chao, L Xu*, MW Chen*, Z Liu*. 1D Coordination Polymer Nanofibers for Low-Temperature Photothermal Therapy. Advanced Materials, 2017, 29(40): 1703588. (IF: 25.809)
- YE Cai, JM Zhang, NG. Chen, Z Shi, JG Qiu, CW He, MW Chen*. Recent Advances in Anticancer Activities and Drug Delivery Systems of Tannins. Medicinal Research Reviews, 2017, 37(4): 665-701. (IF: 9.791)
- ZP Guo†, XZ Zhou†, MZ Xu, HY Tian, XS Chen, MW Chen*. Dimeric camptothecin-loaded RGD-modified targeted cationic polypeptide-based micelles with high drug loading capacity and redox-responsive drug release capability. Biomaterials Science, 2017, 5(12): 2501-2510. (IF: 5.251)
- LZ Feng, L Cheng, ZL Dong, DL Tao, TE Barnhart, WB Cai*, MW Chen*, Z Liu*. Theranostic Liposomes with Hypoxia-Activated Prodrug to Effectively Destruct Hypoxic Tumors Post-Photodynamic Therapy. ACS Nano, 2017, 11(1): 927-937. (IF: 13.903)
- Y Yang, Y Chao, JJ Liu, ZL Dong, WW He, R Zhang, K Yang, MW Chen*, Z Liu*. Core-shell and co-doped nanoscale metal-organic particles (NMOPs) obtained via post-synthesis cation exchange for multimodal imaging and synergistic thermo-radiotherapy. NPG Asia Materials, 2017, 9: e344. (IF: 8.052)
- ZP Guo†, J Chen†, L Lin, XW Guan, PJ Sun, MW Chen*, HY Tian*, XS Chen*. pH Triggered Size Increasing Gene Carrier for Efficient Tumor Accumulation and Excellent Anti-tumor Effect. ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 2017, 9(18): 15297–15306. (IF: 8.456)
- GJ Song, RF Sun, JQ Du, MW Chen*, YQ Tian*. A highly selective, colorimetric, and environment-sensitive optical potassium ion sensor. ChemIcal Communication, 2017, 53(41): 5602-5605. (IF: 6.164)
- XS Zou†, TT Pan†, JP Jiang, G Li, C Song, RF Sun, ZY Yang, DZ Sun, CH Hou, MW Chen*, YQ Tian*. Poly(ε-caprolactone)-containing graft copolymers for ratiometric extracellular oxygen sensing. Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical, 2017, 248: 108-118. (IF: 6.393)
- Y Yang, JJ Liu, C Liang, LZ Feng, TT Fu, ZL Dong, Y Chao, YG Li, G Lu*, MW Chen*, Z Liu*. Nanoscale Metal-Organic Particles with Rapid Clearance for Magnetic Resonance Imaging-Guided Photothermal Therapy. ACS Nano, 2016, 10(2): 2774-2781. (IF: 903)
- LZ Feng, M Gao, DL Tao, Q Chen, HR Wang, ZL Dong, MW Chen*, Z Liu*. Cisplatin-Prodrug-Constructed Liposomes as a Versatile Theranostic Nanoplatform for Bimodal Imaging Guided Combination Cancer Therapy. Advanced Functional Materials, 2016, 26(13): 2207-2217. (IF: 15.621)
- Y Yang, JJ Liu, XQ Sun, LZ Feng, WW Zhu, Z Liu*, MW Chen*. Near-infrared light-activated cancer cell targeting and drug delivery with aptamer-modified nanostructures. Nano Research, 2016, 9(1): 139-148. (IF: 515)
- SP Wang, YQ Xu, HF Chan, HW Kim, YT Wang, KW Leong*, MW Chen*. Nanoparticle-mediated inhibition of survivin to overcome drug resistance in cancer therapy. Journal of Controlled Release, 2016, 240: 454-464. (IF: 7.901)
- QW Jiang†, MW Chen†, KJ Cheng, PZ Yu, X Wei, Z Shi*. Therapeutic potential of steroidal alkaloids in cancer and other diseases. Medicinal Research Reviews, 2016, 36(1): 119-143. (IF: 9.791)
- XJ Jia†, LS Ma†, P Li, MW Chen*, CW He*. Prospects of Poria cocos polysaccharides: isolation process, structural features and bioactivities. Trends in Food Science & Technology, 2016, 54: 52-62. (IF: 8.519)
- SP Wang†, JM Zhang†, YT Wang*, MW Chen*. Hyaluronic acid-coated PEI-PLGA nanoparticles mediated co-delivery of doxorubicin and miR-542-3p for triple negative breast cancer therapy. Nanomedicine: Nanotechnology, Biology, and Medicine, 2016, 12(2): 411-420. (IF: 5.57)
- JM Zhang, J Hu, HF Chan, M Skibba, G Liang*, MW Chen*. iRGD decorated lipid-polymer hybrid nanoparticles for targeted co-delivery of doxorubicin and sorafenib to enhance anti-hepatocellular carcinoma efficacy. Nanomedicine: Nanotechnology, Biology, and Medicine, 2016, 12(5): 1303-1311. (IF: 5.57)
- FQ Chen†, JM Zhang†, Y He, XF Fang, YT Wang*, MW Chen*. Glycyrrhetinic acid-decorated and reduction-sensitive micelles to enhance the bioavailability and anti-hepatocellular carcinoma efficacy of tanshinone IIA. Biomaterials Science, 2016, 4(1): 167-182. (IF: 5.251)
- YP Li†, JM Zhang†, YZ Guo, MW Chen*, L Wang, RC Sun, XH Wang*. Cellulosic micelles as nanocapsules of liposoluble CdSe/ZnS quantum dots for bioimaging. Journal of Materials Chemistry B, 2016, 4(39): 6454-6461. (IF: 5.047)
- JM Zhang, RE Chen, XF Fang, FQ Chen, YT Wang*, MW Chen*. Nucleolin targeting AS1411 aptamer modified pH-sensitive micelles for enhanced delivery and antitumor efficacy of paclitaxel. Nano Research, 2015, 8(1): 201-218. (IF: 8.515)
- FQ Chen†, JM Zhang†, L Wang, YT Wang*, MW Chen*. Tumor pHe-triggered charge-reversal and redox-responsive nanoparticles for docetaxel delivery in hepatocellular carcinoma treatment. Nanoscale, 2015, 7(38): 15763-15779. (IF: 6.97)
- SP Wang, JG Qiu, Z Shi*, YT Wang, MW Chen*. Nanoscale drug delivery for taxanes based on the mechanism of multidrug resistance of cancer. Biotechnology Advances, 2015, 33(1): 224-241. (IF: 12.831)
- Y Yang, T Liu, L Cheng, GS Song, Z Liu*, MW Chen*. MoS2-Based Nanoprobes for Detection of Silver Ions in Aqueous Solutions and Bacteria. ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 2015, 7(14): 7526-7533. (IF: 8.456)
- The chapter of “Novel nanoparticulate drug delivery systems for active ingredients of traditional Chinese medicine in cancer therapy” in the book ” Molecular Medicines for Cancer: Concepts and Applications of Nanotechnology (First Edition)”, Taylor& Francis-CRC Press Publisher, 2018
- 《藥物制劑工程（第三版）》第一章 緒論，化學工業出版社，2018
- The chapter of “Preparation, self-assembly, and application of amphiphilic cellulose-based graft copolymers” in the book “Cellulose-Based Graft Copolymers: Structure and Chemistry”, Taylor& Francis-CRC Press Publisher, 2017
- The chapter of “Novel formulations and drug delivery systems for phytotherapies” in the book “Phytotherapies: Efficacy, Safety and Regulation”, Wiley, USA, 2015
- 《中藥抗腫瘤現代研究技術與進展》第一篇 第四章，人民衛生出版社，2012
- 一種陰道用納米銀靶向溫敏噴霧凝膠及其製備方法。申請號： 200810029201.9
Selected Awards and Honors
- GJ Song, D Jiang, YQ Tian*, MW Chen*. A Mitochondria-Targeting NIR Fluorescent potassium ion Sensor: Real-time Investigating Mitochondrial K+ Regulation of Apoptosis in Situ. The 9th China Pharmaceutical Biotechnology Forum, Shenzhen, 25-27 October, 2019, Third prize.
- TT Pan, YQ Tian, MW Chen*. Fluorescence Oxygen Biosensors for Cellular Oxygen Monitoring and Imaging-guided Chemotherapy. 2018 Postgraduate Symposium on Chinese Medicinal Sciences, Macao, China, 28-30 October, 2018, Excellence Award.
- XZ Zhou, J Li, MW Chen*. Cationic polypeptide-based micelles for camptothecin delivery in lung cancer therapy. 2018 National undergraduate biomedical engineering innovation design competition, Shenzhen, 26-28 August, 2018, First Price.
- D Jiang, WZ Zhong, MW Chen*. Co-delivery of camptothecin and siBcl-2 via functional micelles for breast cancer therapy. 2018 National undergraduate biomedical engineering innovation design competition, Shenzhen, 26-28 August, 2018, Third Price.
- XZ Zhou, MW Chen*. Lysine-based Cationic Polypeptide Micelles for Enhanced Antitumor Efficacy of Dimeric Camptothecin. 2018 AAPS SYSU-NUS 13th PharmSci@Asia Symposium, Guangzhou, 14-16 June, 2018, Second-Class-Best Podium Presentation Award.
- XZ Zhou, MW Chen*. Lysine based cationic polypeptide micelles for dimeric campatothecin delivery in cancer therapy. The 3rd ICMS Academic Seminar for Postgraduate Students, Macau, 19 December, 2017, Third Prize.
- MZ Xu, ZP Guo, XZ Zhou, MW Chen*. Dimeric camptothecin-loaded RGD-modified targeted cationic polypeptide-based micelles with high drug loading capacity and redox-responsive drug release capability. The International Symposium for Graduate Students on Pharmaceutical Sciences 2017 & the 3rd Annual AAPS-SYSU Student Chapter Research Symposium, Guangzhou, 7-9 September, 2017, Oral Presentation Second Prize Award.
- YQ Xu, MW Chen*. Targeting Nanocarriers for Cancer Therapy: from Cells to Organelles. The 2nd ICMS Postgraduate Student Academic Forum, Macau, 9 December 2016, Excellent Prize.
- GJ Song, YX Tian*, MW Chen*. A Ratiometric Fluorescence Phobe for Sensing Mitochondria Bisulfite. The 2nd ICMS Postgraduate Student Academic Forum, Macau, 9 December 2016, Nominee Prize.
- Y Yang. Liu’s lab Annual Research Meeting. Soochow, 12 August 2016, Annual Creative Research Award.
- LZ Feng, Z Liu*, MW Chen*. Cisplatin-Prodrug-Constructed Liposomes as a Versatile Theranostic Nanoplatform for Bimodal Imaging Guided Combination Cancer Therapy. The 30th Academic Annual Conference of Chinese Chemical Society, Dalian, 1-4 July 2016, Excellent Poster Award.
- XB Fang, MW Chen*. Stimuli-responsive Nanoparticle Drug Delivery Systems Based on Poloxamer 188. The 1st ICMS Postgraduate Student Academic Forum, Macau, 11 December 2015, First Prize.
- JM Zhang, YT Wang*, MW Chen*. pH-sensitive polymer nanoparticles for co-delivery of doxorubicin and curcumin in treating cancer via enhanced pro-apoptotic and anti-angiogenic activities. IGPS2015&AAPS-SYSU Symposium, Guangzhou, 21-23 August 2015, Oral Presentation Third Prize & Excellent Poster Award.
- YQ Xu, MW Chen*. Co-delivery of paclitaxel and tetrandrine via iRGD peptide conjugated nanoparticles for overcoming multidrug resistance in cancer cells. IGPS2015&AAPS-SYSU Symposium, Guangzhou, 21-23 August 2015, Excellent Poster Award.
- SP Wang. The world of Chinese medicine, Chinese medicine of the world. Beijing, 20 August 2014, 9th China Youth Science and Technology Innovation Award. (under Prof Yitao Wang’s and Prof Meiwan Chen’s supervision)
- JM Zhang, J Hu, G Liang*, YT Wang, MW Chen*. iRGD decorated lipid-polymer hybrid nanoparticles for targeted co-delivery of doxorubicin and sorafenib to enhance anti-hepatocellular carcinoma efficacy. 2014 Chinese Pharmaceutical Conference. Changsha, 19-21 September 2014, Postgraduate Forum (Third Class Prize).
- SP Wang, Y Yang, JM Zhang, YT Wang*, MW Chen*. Gambogic Acid loaded pH-sensitive Mixed Micelles for Overcoming Breast Cancer Resistance. 2014 Chinese Pharmaceutical Conference. Changsha, 19-21 September 2014, Excellent Poster Award (Second Class Prize).
- YQ Xu, SP Wang, YT Wang, MW Chen*. Preparation, Characterization, and In Vitro Evaluation of Curcumin-Niosome. 2014 Chinese Pharmaceutical Conference. Changsha, 19-21 September 2014, Excellent Poster Award (Third Class Prize).
- YE Cai, XB Fang, JM Zhang, YY Zhu, YT Wang, MW Chen*. Synthesis, Characterization and Anticancer Activity of Pluronic F68-Curcumin Conjugate Micelles. 2014 Chinese Pharmaceutical Conference. Changsha, 19-21 September 2014, Excellent Poster Award (Third Class Prize).
- JM Zhang, MW Chen*, YT Wang*. Nucleolin targeting AS1411 aptamer modified pH-Sensitive micelles for paclitaxel delivery in cancer therapy. 13th Meeting of Consortium for Globalization of Chinese Medicine (CGCM). Beijing, 27-29 August 2014, Travel Grant Award.
- JM Zhang, MW Chen*, YT Wang*. N-Boc-Histidine-capped glycyrrhetinic acid-modified polyethylene glycol/poly lactic-co-glycolic acid dual mediated functional nanoparticles for targeted liver tumor chemotherapy. 3rd Nano Today Conference. Singapore, 8-11 December 2013, Travel Grant Award.
- JM Zhang, SP Wang, FQ Chen, L Wang, MW Chen*, YT Wang*. Smart drug delivery systems for Chinese medicine in liver cancer chemotherapy. TCM Innovation and Development Forum. Chengdu, 26-27 October 2013, Excellent Paper Award & “Young Scientist Excellence” Third Award.
- SP Wang, JM Zhang, MW Chen*, YT Wang*. Developing novel anti-tumor drug delivery systems based on Chinese medicine, 4th International conference on modernization of Chinese medicine. Chengdu, 26-27 September 2013, Excellent Paper Award.
- JM Zhang, MW Chen*, YT Wang*. Design of smart nanoparticles with multiple mediated mechanisms for liver cancer chemotherapy, 12th Meeting of Consortium for Globalization of Chinese Medicine (CGCM). Austria, 27-29 August 2013, Travel Grant Award and Presentation.
- JM Zhang, MW Chen*, YT Wang*. Smart nanoparticle carriers by dual mechanisms mediated for Chinese medicine in liver cancer chemotherapy. AAPS@China Symposium. Hong Kong, 17-18 August 2013, Podium Presentation Award.
- Specialty Committee of TCM Pharmaceutical of World Federation of Chinese Medicine Societies (WFCMS), Executive Council Member & Vice Secretary General of the 3rd Board
- Chinese Drug Preparations Branch of China Association of Chinese Medicine, Committee Member
- Nano Biotechnology Association, China Medicinal Biotechnology, Committee member
- Specialty Committee for Integrated Chinese and Western Medicine of Guangdong Province, Executive Committee Member of 6th executive committee
- Macau Sun Yat-sen Association of Medical Sciences, Executive Member of Director Board
- Macau Physiological Society, Secretary General & Deputy Managing Director
- Precision Medicine Association of Macau, Committee Member
University of Macau
Avenida da Universidade, Taipa, Macao SAR