Mei Wan CHEN 陳美婉
- PhD Sun Yat-sen University
- MSc Jinan University
|CMED719||Systems Biology||M.Sc. Course|
|CMED718||Pharmaceutical Science||M.Sc. Course|
|CMED812||Pharmaceutical Engineering and Biomaterials Science||PhD Course|
- Molecular Pharmaceutics
- Biomaterial and Nanomedicine
- Targeted Drug Delivery System
Prof. Meiwan Chen’s research focuses on biomaterial and nanomedicine, especially on development of novel drug delivery systems for active ingredients of Chinese medicine. The research ranges from design and synthesis of novel lipidic and polymeric carriers to mechanistic understanding of delivery barriers and to in vivo studies of relevant tumor models and rheumatoid arthritis. The emphasis is on improving the efficacy of chemotherapeutics that have poor water-solubility, fast metabolism, non-selectivity, and drug resistance. Leveraging on the expertise and resources of the SKL of Quality Research in Chinese Medicine at the University of Macau, the lab also develops nanomedicines combining Chinese and Western medicinal compounds for synergistic effects.
Prof. Chen has published 117 top-tier SCI journals (25 papers with IF>10, 78 papers with IF>5) as the first/corresponding author, including Advanced Materials, ACS Nano, Nano Letters, Biomaterials, and many more. Her publications have been cited >10000 times, with an h-index of 57, with 5 being recognized internationally as “ESI highly cited papers”. She has been in charge 20 projects funded by NSFC as well as the Macau Fund. She also published 6 book chapters and 9 patents. She was awarded the Excellent Young Scientist Fund by National Natural Science Foundation of China in 2019 (the first time opened for HK and Macao applicants) and ‘Qi Huang’ Youth Scholarship by the State Administration of TCM, China in 2020. She was elected as a Fellow of the Royal Society of Chemistry (FRSC) in 2022. She won the Natural Science Award (2nd/2nd/3rd Class) in 2012/2014/2018 and the Science and Technology Progress Award (3rd Class) in 2022, as awarded by the Macao Science and Technology Award.
She (co-)supervises more than 30 PhD/MSc graduates: one student received the second prizes in the ‘Challenge Cup’ national inter-varsity competition for extracurricular academic technological projects in 2022; one graduate ranked first under Young Elite Scientist Sponsorship Programme; one student received the 9th China Youth Science and Technology Innovation Award; seven students received the Macao Science and Technology Award-Scientific and Technological R&D Awards for Postgraduates; and more than thirty conference awards.
We are looking for Ph.D. students (12500~20000 MOP/Month), master students, research assistants (>12500 MOP/Month), and postdoctoral fellows (~25000 MOP/Month) who are interested in Biomaterial and Nanomedicine. For further information, please contact Dr. Chen at: email@example.com.
陳美婉，博士，教授，博士生導師。首届國家自然科學基金優秀青年科學基金（港澳）獲得者。青年岐黃學者。英國皇家化學會會士。主要致力于生物材料與納米醫學的研究，集中在中藥活性成分的藥物遞送系統。通過設計和合成智能化可降解生物材料，構建新型脂質體和聚合物膠束等多功能納米藥物，解決藥物水溶性差、代謝快、選擇性差和易耐藥性等問題，同時還發展納米技術在中西藥聯合治療中的應用，以期實現更有效的癌症和類風濕關節炎的治療。至今，發表第一/通訊作者SCI論文共117篇（其中25篇IF>10.0論文，78篇IF>5.0論文），成果發表于Advanced Materials、ACS Nano、Nano Letters和Biomaterials等藥劑學和生物材料領域的國際權威期刊。5篇論文入圍“ESI高被引論文”。所有論文引用>10000次，H因子57。主持國家自然科學基金優秀青年科學基金項目、澳門科學技術發展基金和澳門大學基金等20項研究項目。參與6部中英文學術著作的編寫和9項專利的申請。榮獲第一/二/四/六屆澳門特別行政區自然科學獎/科技進步獎（2012/2014/2018/2022）。擔任Current Drug Delivery、Chinese Chemical Letters、Acta Pharmaceutica Sinica B等期刊（青年）編委，世界中聯中藥藥劑委員會第三屆理事會常務理事兼副秘書長、中國生物材料學會生物醫用高分子材料分會委員和中國醫藥生物技術協會納米生物技術分會委員等。指導博碩士30余名：榮獲1項第17屆“挑戰杯”全國大學生課外學術科技作品競賽二等獎，1項第四屆中國科協青年人才托舉工程，1項第九屆中國青少年科技創新獎，7項澳門研究生科研獎和30余項海內外會議獎勵等。
Selected Former Ph.D. and Master Students’ First Job after Graduation
- Guangjie SONG (Shenzhen University, Post-doctoral Fellow)
- Zhaopei GUO (Changchun Institute of Applied Chemistry, Research Associate)
- Tingting PAN (Southern University of Science and Technology, Post-doctoral Fellow)
- Jie HU (Wenzhou Medical University, Post-doctoral Fellow)
- Yu YANG (University of Macau, Post-doctoral Fellow)
- Jinming ZHANG (Chengdu University of traditional Chinese medicine, Associate Professor)
- Shengpeng WANG (University of Macau, Post-doctoral Fellow)
- Yingqi XU (National University of Singapore, Ph.D. candidate)
- Yuee CAI (University of Hong Kong, Ph.D. candidate)
- P Hua†, D Jiang†, ZP Guo†, HY Tian, XS Chen, MW Chen*. Amplified cancer immunotherapy of PD-L1 blockade by sequential tumor microenvironment reshaping and DC maturation. Chemical Engineering Journal, 2023, 453: 139795. (IF: 16.744)
- X Wang, P Hua, CW He, MW Chen*. Non-apoptotic cell death-based cancer therapy: Molecular mechanism, pharmacological modulators, and nanomedicine. Acta Pharmaceutica Sinica B, 2022, 12(9), 3567-3593 (IF: 14.907)
- MY Zhao, HJ Zhuang, HX Zhang, BH Li, J Ming, XY Chen*, MW Chen*. A LRET Nanoplatform Consisting of Lanthanide and Amorphous Manganese Oxide for NIR-II Luminescence Lifetime Imaging of Tumor Redox Status. Angewandte Chemie International Edition, 2022, e202209592 (IF: 16.823)
- GJ Song, D Jiang, JC Wu, XZ Sun, MY Deng, L Wang, CX Hao, JY Shi, HT Liu, YQ Tian*, MW Chen*. An ultrasensitive fluorescent breath ammonia sensor for noninvasive diagnosis of chronic kidney disease and helicobacter pylori Chemical Engineering Journal, 2022, 440: 135979. (IF: 16.744)
- ZJ Yang, DL Tao, WZ Zhong, Z Liu, LZ Feng*, MW Chen*. Perfluorocarbon loaded fluorinated covalent organic polymers with effective sonosensitization and tumor hypoxia relief enable synergistic sonodynamic-immunotherapy. Biomaterials, 2022, 280: 121250. (IF: 15.304)
- WZ Zhong, KH Wong, FJ Xu, NN Zhao, MW Chen*. NIR-responsive polydopamine-based calcium carbonate hybrid nanoparticles delivering artesunate for cancer chemo-photothermal therapy. Acta Biomaterialia, 2022, 145, 135-145 (IF: 10.633)
- SLX Yang†, KH Wong†, P Hua†, CW He, H Yu, D Shao, Z Shi, MW Chen*. ROS-responsive fluorinated polyethyleneimine vector to co-deliver shMTHFD2 and shGPX4 plasmids induces ferroptosis and apoptosis for cancer therapy. Acta Biomaterialia, 2022, 140, 492-505. (IF: 10.633)
- KH Wong†, DL Yang†, SS Chen†, CW He, MW Chen*. Development of nanoscale drug delivery systems of dihydroartemisinin for cancer therapy: A review. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2022, 17(4), 475-490. (IF: 9.298)
- RF Liang†, KH Wong†, Y Yang*, YR Duan, MW Chen*. ROS-responsive dexamethasone micelles normalize the tumor microenvironment enhancing hypericin in cancer photodynamic therapy. Biomaterials Science, 2022, 10, 1018-1025. (IF: 7.590)
- ZA Wang†, X Wang†, H Yu, MW Chen*. Glioma-targeted multifunctional nanoparticles to co-deliver camptothecin and curcumin for enhanced chemo-immunotherapy. Biomaterials Science, 2022, 10, 1292-1303. (IF: 7.590)
- GJ Song†, D Jiang†, L Wang, XZ Sun, HT Liu, YQ Tian*, MW Chen*. A series of simple curcumin-derived colorimetric and fluorescent probes for ratiometric-pH sensing and cell imaging. Chinese Chemical Letters, 2022, 33(1), 339-343. (IF: 8.455)
- ZP Guo, YY Hu, MY Zhao, K Hao, P He, HY Tian, XS Chen, MW Chen*. Prodrug-Based Versatile Nanomedicine with Simultaneous Physical and Physiological Tumor Penetration for Enhanced Cancer Chemo-Immunotherapy. Nano Letters, 2021, 21(9), 3721-3730. (IF: 12.262)
- ZA Wang†, X Wang†, JB Wan, FJ Xu, NN Zhao, MW Chen*. Optical Imaging in the Second Near Infrared Window for Vascular Bioimaging. Small, 2021, 17(43): 2103780. (IF: 15.153)
- CJ Wang, C Liang, Y Hao, ZL Dong, YJ Zhu, QG Li, Z Liu, LZ Feng*, MW Chen*. Photodynamic creation of artificial tumor microenvironments to collectively facilitate hypoxia-activated chemotherapy delivered by coagulation-targeting liposomes. Chemical Engineering Journal, 2021, 414: 128731. (IF: 16.744)
- QQ Guo, Y Dong, YH Zhang, H Fu, CR Chen, LT Wang, XP Yang, M Shen, J Yu, MW Chen*, JL Zhang*, YR Duan*. Sequential Release of Pooled siRNAs and Paclitaxel by Aptamer-Functionalized Shell–Core Nanoparticles to Overcome Paclitaxel Resistance of Prostate Cancer. ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 2021, 13(12): 13990-14003. (IF: 10.383)
- QG Li, ZL Dong, MW Chen*, LZ Feng*. Phenolic molecules constructed nanomedicine for innovative cancer treatment. Coordination Chemistry Reviews, 2021, 439: 213912. (IF: 24.833)
- Y Yang, WJ Zhu, L Cheng, R Cai, X Yi, JX He, XS Pan, L Yang, K Yang, Z Liu, WH Tan*, MW Chen*. Tumor microenvironment (TME)-activatable circular aptamer-PEG as an effective hierarchical-targeting molecular medicine for photodynamic therapy. Biomaterials, 2020, 246: 119971. (IF: 15.304)
- Y Yang†, JX He†, WJ Zhu, XS Pan, H.S. Yazd, C Cui, L Yang, XW Li, L Li, L Cheng, LZ Feng, RW Wang, Z Liu*, MW Chen*, WH Tan*. Molecular domino reactor built by automated modular synthesis for cancer treatment. Theranostics, 2020, 10(9): 4030-4041. (IF: 11.600)
- ZP Guo, L Lin, K Hao, DW Wang, F Liu, PJ Sun, HY Yu, ZH Tang, MW Chen*, HY Tian*, XS Chen. Helix Self-Assembly Behavior of Amino Acid-Modified Camptothecin Prodrugs and Its Antitumor Effect. ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 2020, 12(6): 7466-7476. (IF: 10.383)
- GJ Song, D Jiang, L Wang, JW Ning, XZ Sun, FY Su*, MW Chen*, YQ Tian*. A mitochondria-targeting NIR fluorescent potassium ion sensor: real-time investigation of the mitochondrial K+ regulation of apoptosis in situ. Chemical Communications, 2020, 56(40): 5405-5408. (IF: 6.065)
- MW Chen*, XZ Zhou, RE Chen, JL Wang, R D. Ye, YT Wang, CB Wu, R I. Mahato. Nano-carriers for delivery and targeting of active ingredients of Chinese medicine for hepatocellular carcinoma therapy. Materials Today, 2019, 25: 66-87. (IF: 26.943)
- TT Pan, C Yang, JY Shi, CX Hao, Y Qiao, JZ Li, MY Deng, YQ Tian*, MW Chen*. Dual pH and oxygen luminescent nanoprobes based on graft polymers for extracellular metabolism monitoring and intracellular imaging. Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical, 2019, 291: 306-318. (IF: 9.221)
- Y Yang, WJ Zhu, LZ Feng, Y Chao, X Yi, ZL Dong, K Yang, WH Tan, Z Liu*, MW Chen*. G-Quadruplex-Based Nanoscale Coordination Polymers to Modulate Tumor Hypoxia and Achieve Nuclear-Targeted Drug Delivery for Enhanced Photodynamic Therapy. Nano letters, 2018, 18 (11): 6867-6875. (IF: 12.262)
- Y Yang, LG Xu, WJ Zhu, LZ Feng, JJ Liu, Q Chen, ZL Dong, JY Zhao, Z Liu*, MW Chen*. One-pot synthesis of pH-responsive charge-switchable PEGylated nanoscale coordination polymers for improved cancer therapy. Biomaterials, 2018, 156: 121-133. (IF: 15.304)
- ZP Guo, L Lin, J Chen, XZ Zhou, HF Chan, XS Chen, HY Tian*, MW Chen*. Poly (ethylene glycol)-poly-L-glutamate complexed with polyethyleneimine-polyglycine for highly efficient gene delivery in vitro and in vivo. Biomaterials Science, 2018, 6(11): 3053-3062. (IF: 7.590)
- XJ Song, J Xu, C Liang, Y Chao, QT Jin, C Wang, MW Chen*, Z Liu*. Self-Supplied Tumor Oxygenation through Separated Liposomal Delivery of H2O2 and Catalase for Enhanced Radio-Immunotherapy of Cancer. Nano letters, 2018, 18 (10): 6360-6368. (IF: 12.262)
- JM Zhang†, JJ Li†, Z Shi, Y Yang, X Xie, SMY Lee*, YT Wang, KW Leong, MW Chen*. pH-sensitive polymeric nanoparticles for co-delivery of doxorubicin and curcumin to treat cancer via enhanced pro-apoptotic and anti-angiogenic activities. Acta Biomaterialia, 2017, 58: 349-364. (IF: 10.633)
- LZ Feng, DL Tao, ZL Dong, Q Chen, Y Chao, Z Liu*, MW Chen*. Near-infrared light activation of quenched liposomal Ce6 for synergistic cancer phototherapy with effective skin protection. Biomaterials, 2017, 127: 13-24. (IF: 15.304)
- Y Yang, WJ Zhu, ZL Dong, Y Chao, L Xu*, MW Chen*, Z Liu*. 1D Coordination Polymer Nanofibers for Low-Temperature Photothermal Therapy. Advanced Materials, 2017, 29(40): 1703588. (IF: 32.086)
- YE Cai, JM Zhang, NG. Chen, Z Shi, JG Qiu, CW He, MW Chen*. Recent Advances in Anticancer Activities and Drug Delivery Systems of Tannins. Medicinal Research Reviews, 2017, 37(4): 665-701. (IF: 12.388)
- ZP Guo†, XZ Zhou†, MZ Xu, HY Tian, XS Chen, MW Chen*. Dimeric camptothecin-loaded RGD-modified targeted cationic polypeptide-based micelles with high drug loading capacity and redox-responsive drug release capability. Biomaterials Science, 2017, 5(12): 2501-2510. (IF: 7.590)
- LZ Feng, L Cheng, ZL Dong, DL Tao, TE Barnhart, WB Cai*, MW Chen*, Z Liu*. Theranostic Liposomes with Hypoxia-Activated Prodrug to Effectively Destruct Hypoxic Tumors Post-Photodynamic Therapy. ACS Nano, 2017, 11(1): 927-937. (IF: 18.027)
- Y Yang, Y Chao, JJ Liu, ZL Dong, WW He, R Zhang, K Yang, MW Chen*, Z Liu*. Core-shell and co-doped nanoscale metal-organic particles (NMOPs) obtained via post-synthesis cation exchange for multimodal imaging and synergistic thermo-radiotherapy. NPG Asia Materials, 2017, 9: e344. (IF: 10.761)
- ZP Guo†, J Chen†, L Lin, XW Guan, PJ Sun, MW Chen*, HY Tian*, XS Chen*. pH Triggered Size Increasing Gene Carrier for Efficient Tumor Accumulation and Excellent Anti-tumor Effect. ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 2017, 9(18): 15297–15306. (IF: 10.383)
- GJ Song, RF Sun, JQ Du, MW Chen*, YQ Tian*. A highly selective, colorimetric, and environment-sensitive optical potassium ion sensor. Chemical Communication, 2017, 53(41): 5602-5605. (IF: 6.065)
- XS Zou†, TT Pan†, JP Jiang, G Li, C Song, RF Sun, ZY Yang, DZ Sun, CH Hou, MW Chen*, YQ Tian*. Poly(ε-caprolactone)-containing graft copolymers for ratiometric extracellular oxygen sensing. Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical, 2017, 248: 108-118. (IF: 9.221)
- Y Yang, JJ Liu, C Liang, LZ Feng, TT Fu, ZL Dong, Y Chao, YG Li, G Lu*, MW Chen*, Z Liu*. Nanoscale Metal-Organic Particles with Rapid Clearance for Magnetic Resonance Imaging-Guided Photothermal Therapy. ACS Nano, 2016, 10(2): 2774-2781. (IF: 18.027)
- LZ Feng, M Gao, DL Tao, Q Chen, HR Wang, ZL Dong, MW Chen*, Z Liu*. Cisplatin-Prodrug-Constructed Liposomes as a Versatile Theranostic Nanoplatform for Bimodal Imaging Guided Combination Cancer Therapy. Advanced Functional Materials, 2016, 26(13): 2207-2217. (IF: 19.924)
- Y Yang, JJ Liu, XQ Sun, LZ Feng, WW Zhu, Z Liu*, MW Chen*. Near-infrared light-activated cancer cell targeting and drug delivery with aptamer-modified nanostructures. Nano Research, 2016, 9(1): 139-148. (IF: 10.269)
- SP Wang, YQ Xu, HF Chan, HW Kim, YT Wang, KW Leong*, MW Chen*. Nanoparticle-mediated inhibition of survivin to overcome drug resistance in cancer therapy. Journal of Controlled Release, 2016, 240: 454-464. (IF: 11.467)
- 《常見惡性腫瘤：中醫藥基礎與臨床轉化》第三章 原發性肝癌，上海交通大學出版社，2020
- The chapter of “Novel nanoparticulate drug delivery systems for active ingredients of traditional Chinese medicine in cancer therapy” in the book ” Molecular Medicines for Cancer: Concepts and Applications of Nanotechnology (First Edition)”, Taylor& Francis-CRC Press Publisher, 2018
- 《藥物制劑工程（第三版）》第一章 緒論，化學工業出版社，2018
- The chapter of “Preparation, self-assembly, and application of amphiphilic cellulose-based graft copolymers” in the book “Cellulose-Based Graft Copolymers: Structure and Chemistry”, Taylor& Francis-CRC Press Publisher, 2017
- The chapter of “Novel formulations and drug delivery systems for phytotherapies” in the book “Phytotherapies: Efficacy, Safety and Regulation”, Wiley, USA, 2015
- 《中藥抗腫瘤現代研究技術與進展》第一篇 第四章，人民衛生出版社，2012
- 2022.05 – Fellow of the Royal Society of Chemistry (FRSC), UK
- 2020.12 – ‘Qi Huang’ Youth Scholarship, the State Administration of TCM, China
- 2019.10 – Excellent Young Scientist Fund, NSFC, China
- Third Prize, Science and Technology Progress Award, Macao Science and Technology Awards 2022 (Awarded to I Che, MW Chen, ZQ Lin, KW Choi)
- Third Prize, Natural Science Award, Macao Science and Technology Awards 2018 (Awarded to YT Wang, MW Chen, CM Wang, RB Wang)
- Second Prize, Natural Science Award, Macao Science and Technology Awards 2014 (Awarded to CH Leung, YT Wang, JJ Lu, MW Chen, XP Chen)
- Second Prize, Natural Science Award, Macao Science and Technology Awards 2012 (Awarded to YT Wang, SMY Lee, XP Chen, MW Chen, JJ Lu)
- ICMS Academic Award 2019/2020, University of Macau, May, 2020
- ICMS Academic Award 2017/2018, University of Macau, May, 2018
- The Incentive Award Scheme for Outstanding Academic Staff 2016/2017, University of Macau, May, 2017
- Scientific and Technological R&D Awards for Postgraduates, Macao Science and Technology Award 2018: Yingqi Xu
- Scientific and Technological R&D Awards for Postgraduates, Macao Science and Technology Award 2018: Yu Yang
- Scientific and Technological R&D Awards for Postgraduates, Macao Science and Technology Award 2016: Lu Wang
- Scientific and Technological R&D Awards for Postgraduates, Macao Science and Technology Award 2016: Yuee Cai
- Scientific and Technological R&D Awards for Postgraduates, Macao Science and Technology Award 2014: Shengpeng Wang
- Scientific and Technological R&D Awards for Postgraduates, Macao Science and Technology Award 2014: Ruie Chen
- Scientific and Technological R&D Awards for Postgraduates, Macao Science and Technology Award 2012: Shengpeng Wang
- 一種陰道用納米銀靶向溫敏噴霧凝膠及其制備方法。申請號： 200810029201.9
- RF Liang, P Hua, MW Chen*. Dually Reactive Oxygen Species and Reactive Nitrogen Species Scavenging Nanomicelles Deliver JAK-SKAT Inhibitor for Effective Rheumatoid Arthritis Treatment. The 7th National Undergraduate Biomedical Engineering Innovation Design Competition, Hang Zhou, 18-20 August, 2022, Third prize.
- P Hua, MW Chen*. Natural Product Based All-active Smart Microneedle Patch for Skin-whitening and Anti-aging. The 17th “Challenge Cup” National Undergraduate Extracurricular Academic Science and Technology Contest, Chengdu, 26-28 March, 2022, Second prize.
- GJ Song, D Jiang, YQ Tian*, MW Chen*. A Mitochondria-Targeting NIR Fluorescent potassium ion Sensor: Real-time Investigating Mitochondrial K+ Regulation of Apoptosis in Situ. The 9th China Pharmaceutical Biotechnology Forum, Shenzhen, 25-27 October, 2019, Third prize.
- TT Pan, YQ Tian, MW Chen*. Fluorescence Oxygen Biosensors for Cellular Oxygen Monitoring and Imaging-guided Chemotherapy. 2018 Postgraduate Symposium on Chinese Medicinal Sciences, Macao, China, 28-30 October, 2018, Excellence Award.
- XZ Zhou, J Li, MW Chen*. Cationic polypeptide-based micelles for camptothecin delivery in lung cancer therapy. 2018 National undergraduate biomedical engineering innovation design competition, Shenzhen, 26-28 August, 2018, First Price.
- D Jiang, WZ Zhong, MW Chen*. Co-delivery of camptothecin and siBcl-2 via functional micelles for breast cancer therapy. 2018 National undergraduate biomedical engineering innovation design competition, Shenzhen, 26-28 August, 2018, Third Price.
- XZ Zhou, MW Chen*. Lysine-based Cationic Polypeptide Micelles for Enhanced Antitumor Efficacy of Dimeric Camptothecin. 2018 AAPS SYSU-NUS 13th PharmSci@Asia Symposium, Guangzhou, 14-16 June, 2018, Second-Class-Best Podium Presentation Award.
- XZ Zhou, MW Chen*. Lysine based cationic polypeptide micelles for dimeric campatothecin delivery in cancer therapy. The 3rd ICMS Academic Seminar for Postgraduate Students, Macau, 19 December, 2017, Third Prize.
- MZ Xu, ZP Guo, XZ Zhou, MW Chen*. Dimeric camptothecin-loaded RGD-modified targeted cationic polypeptide-based micelles with high drug loading capacity and redox-responsive drug release capability. The International Symposium for Graduate Students on Pharmaceutical Sciences 2017 & the 3rd Annual AAPS-SYSU Student Chapter Research Symposium, Guangzhou, 7-9 September, 2017, Oral Presentation Second Prize Award.
- YQ Xu, MW Chen*. Targeting Nanocarriers for Cancer Therapy: from Cells to Organelles. The 2nd ICMS Postgraduate Student Academic Forum, Macau, 9 December 2016, Excellent Prize.
- GJ Song, YX Tian*, MW Chen*. A Ratiometric Fluorescence Phobe for Sensing Mitochondria Bisulfite. The 2nd ICMS Postgraduate Student Academic Forum, Macau, 9 December 2016, Nominee Prize.
- Y Yang. Liu’s lab Annual Research Meeting. Soochow, 12 August 2016, Annual Creative Research Award.
- LZ Feng, Z Liu*, MW Chen*. Cisplatin-Prodrug-Constructed Liposomes as a Versatile Theranostic Nanoplatform for Bimodal Imaging Guided Combination Cancer Therapy. The 30th Academic Annual Conference of Chinese Chemical Society, Dalian, 1-4 July 2016, Excellent Poster Award.
- XB Fang, MW Chen*. Stimuli-responsive Nanoparticle Drug Delivery Systems Based on Poloxamer 188. The 1st ICMS Postgraduate Student Academic Forum, Macau, 11 December 2015, First Prize.
- JM Zhang, YT Wang*, MW Chen*. pH-sensitive polymer nanoparticles for co-delivery of doxorubicin and curcumin in treating cancer via enhanced pro-apoptotic and anti-angiogenic activities. IGPS2015&AAPS-SYSU Symposium, Guangzhou, 21-23 August 2015, Oral Presentation Third Prize & Excellent Poster Award.
- YQ Xu, MW Chen*. Co-delivery of paclitaxel and tetrandrine via iRGD peptide conjugated nanoparticles for overcoming multidrug resistance in cancer cells. IGPS2015&AAPS-SYSU Symposium, Guangzhou, 21-23 August 2015, Excellent Poster Award.
- SP Wang. The world of Chinese medicine, Chinese medicine of the world. Beijing, 20 August 2014, 9th China Youth Science and Technology Innovation Award. (under Prof Yitao Wang’s and Prof Meiwan Chen’s supervision)
- JM Zhang, J Hu, G Liang*, YT Wang, MW Chen*. iRGD decorated lipid-polymer hybrid nanoparticles for targeted co-delivery of doxorubicin and sorafenib to enhance anti-hepatocellular carcinoma efficacy. 2014 Chinese Pharmaceutical Conference. Changsha, 19-21 September 2014, Postgraduate Forum (Third Class Prize).
- SP Wang, Y Yang, JM Zhang, YT Wang*, MW Chen*. Gambogic Acid loaded pH-sensitive Mixed Micelles for Overcoming Breast Cancer Resistance. 2014 Chinese Pharmaceutical Conference. Changsha, 19-21 September 2014, Excellent Poster Award (Second Class Prize).
- YQ Xu, SP Wang, YT Wang, MW Chen*. Preparation, Characterization, and In Vitro Evaluation of Curcumin-Niosome. 2014 Chinese Pharmaceutical Conference. Changsha, 19-21 September 2014, Excellent Poster Award (Third Class Prize).
- YE Cai, XB Fang, JM Zhang, YY Zhu, YT Wang, MW Chen*. Synthesis, Characterization and Anticancer Activity of Pluronic F68-Curcumin Conjugate Micelles. 2014 Chinese Pharmaceutical Conference. Changsha, 19-21 September 2014, Excellent Poster Award (Third Class Prize).
- JM Zhang, MW Chen*, YT Wang*. Nucleolin targeting AS1411 aptamer modified pH-Sensitive micelles for paclitaxel delivery in cancer therapy. 13th Meeting of Consortium for Globalization of Chinese Medicine (CGCM). Beijing, 27-29 August 2014, Travel Grant Award.
- JM Zhang, MW Chen*, YT Wang*. N-Boc-Histidine-capped glycyrrhetinic acid-modified polyethylene glycol/poly lactic-co-glycolic acid dual mediated functional nanoparticles for targeted liver tumor chemotherapy. 3rd Nano Today Conference. Singapore, 8-11 December 2013, Travel Grant Award.
- JM Zhang, SP Wang, FQ Chen, L Wang, MW Chen*, YT Wang*. Smart drug delivery systems for Chinese medicine in liver cancer chemotherapy. TCM Innovation and Development Forum. Chengdu, 26-27 October 2013, Excellent Paper Award & “Young Scientist Excellence” Third Award.
- SP Wang, JM Zhang, MW Chen*, YT Wang*. Developing novel anti-tumor drug delivery systems based on Chinese medicine, 4th International conference on modernization of Chinese medicine. Chengdu, 26-27 September 2013, Excellent Paper Award.
- JM Zhang, MW Chen*, YT Wang*. Design of smart nanoparticles with multiple mediated mechanisms for liver cancer chemotherapy, 12th Meeting of Consortium for Globalization of Chinese Medicine (CGCM). Austria, 27-29 August 2013, Travel Grant Award and Presentation.
- JM Zhang, MW Chen*, YT Wang*. Smart nanoparticle carriers by dual mechanisms mediated for Chinese medicine in liver cancer chemotherapy. AAPS@China Symposium. Hong Kong, 17-18 August 2013, Podium Presentation Award.
- Specialty Committee of TCM Pharmaceutical of World Federation of Chinese Medicine Societies (WFCMS), Executive Council Member & Vice Secretary General of the 3rd Board
- Chinese Drug Preparations Branch of China Association of Chinese Medicine, Committee Member
- Nano Biotechnology Association, China Medicinal Biotechnology, Committee member
- Specialty Committee for Integrated Chinese and Western Medicine of Guangdong Province, Executive Committee Member of 6th executive committee
- Macau Sun Yat-sen Association of Medical Sciences, Executive Member of Director Board
- Macau Physiological Society, Secretary General & Deputy Managing Director
- Precision Medicine Association of Macau, Committee Member