|Chengwei He 何承偉|
- PhD, Sun Yat-sen University
- Post-Doc, Harvard University
BSc Course: Nutrition and Food Safety (GEST022)
MSc Course: Systems Biology (CMED7011)
PhD Course: Advanced Pharmacology (CMED8010)
Anticancer and anti-inflammatory pharmacology of Chinese medicinal herbs and natural compounds.
Cellular stress responses: pharmacological implications and molecular basis.
We are looking for highly motivated master and PhD students and postdoctoral fellows with related research interests and background. For more information, please contact Dr. He at email@example.com.
Selected Research Articles
- Tu Y, Wang K, Liang Y, Jia X, Wang L, Wan JB, Han J, He C*. Glycine tabacina ethanol extract ameliorates collagen-induced arthritis in rats via inhibiting pro-inflammatory cytokines and oxidation. Journal of Ethnopharmacology, 2019; 237, 20-27.
- Wang K, Tu Y, Wan JB, Chen M and He C*. Synergistic anti-breast cancer effect of pulsatilla saponin D and camptothecin through interrupting autophagic–lysosomal function and promoting p62- mediated ubiquitinated protein aggregation. Carcinogenesis. 2019; doi:10.1093/carcin/bgz140.
- Jia X, Zhang C, Bao J, Wang K, Tu Y, Wan JB, He C*. Flavonoids from Rhynchosia minima root exerts anti-inflammatory activity in lipopolysaccharide stimulated RAW 264.7 cells via MAPK/NF-κB signaling pathway. Inflammopharmacology. 2019; doi: 10.1007/s10787-019-00632-2.
- Tu Y, Wang K, Wan JB, He C*. Anti-inflammatory effects of Glycine tabacina extract in LPS-stimulated macrophages and collagen-induced arthritis mice. Journal of Functional Foods. 2019; doi: 10.1016/j.jﬀ.2019.103528.
- Zhang C, Li C, Jia X, Wang K, Tu Y, Wang R, Liu K, Lu T, He C*. In Vitro and In Vivo Anti-Inflammatory Effects of Polyphyllin VII through Downregulating MAPK and NF-κB Pathways. Molecules. 2019; 24(5). doi: 10.3390/molecules24050875.
- He C*. Editorial: Implication of hormetic effect in traditional Chinese medicine. Longhua Chinese Medicine, 2018; doi: 10.21037/lcm.2018.05.02
- Bao J, Ding RB, Jia X, Liang Y, Liu F, Wang K, Zhang C, Li P, Wang Y, Wan JB, He C*. Fast identification of anticancer constituents in Forsythiae Fructus based on metabolomics approaches. Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis. 2018; 154:312-320.
- Jia X, Liang Y, Zhang C, Wang K, Tu Y, Chen M, Li P, Wan JB, He C*. Polysaccharide PRM3 from Rhynchosia minima root enhances immune function through TLR4-NF-κB pathway. Biochimica et Biophysica Acta – General Subjects. 2018; 1862(8):1751-1759.
- Bao J, Ding RB, Liang Y, Liu F, Wang K, Jia X, Zhang C, Chen M, Li P, Su H, Wan JB, Wang Y, He C*. Differences in Chemical Component and Anticancer Activity of Green and Ripe Forsythiae Fructus. American Journal of Chinese Medicine, 2017; 45(07):1513-1536.
- Jia XJ, Li P, Wan JB, He C*. A review on phytochemical and pharmacological properties of Litsea coreana. Pharmaceutical Biology, 2017; 55(1):1368-1374.
- Zhang C, Li C, Chen S, Li Z, Ma L, Jia X, Wang K, Bao J, Liang Y, Chen M, Li P, Su HX, Lee MY, Liu K, Wan JB*, He C*. Hormetic effect of panaxatriol saponins confers neuroprotection in PC12 cells and zebrafish through PI3K/AKT/mTOR and AMPK/SIRT1/FOXO3 pathways. Scientific Reports, 2017; 7. doi: 10.1038/srep41082.
- Zhang Y, Liang Y, He C*. Anticancer activities and mechanisms of heat-clearing and detoxicating traditional Chinese herbal medicine. Chinese Medicine, 2017; 12. doi: 10.1186/s13020-017-0140-2.
- Bao JL, Liu F, Zhang C, Wang K, Jia XJ, Chen M, Li P, Su HX, Wang YT, Wan JB, He C*. Anti-melanoma activity of Forsythiae Fructus aqueous extract in mice involves regulation of glycerophospholipid metabolisms by UPLC/Q-TOF MS-based metabolomics study. Scientific Reports, 2016; 6. doi: 10.1038/srep39415
- Jia XJ, Hu J, He MX, Zhang QW, Li P, Wan JB, He C*. Α-glucosidase inhibitory activity and structural characterization of polysaccharide fraction from Rhynchosia minima root. Journal of Functional Foods, 2016; 28:76-82.
- Zhang C, Li CW, Chen SH, Li ZP, Jia XJ, Wang K, Bao JL, Liang YE, Wang XT, Chen M, Li P, Su HX, Wan JB, Lee MY, Liu KC, He C*. Berberine protects against 6-OHDA-induced neurotoxicity in PC12 cells and zebrafish through hormetic mechanisms involving PI3K/AKT/Bcl-2 and Nrf2/HO-1 pathways. Redox Biology, 2016; 11. doi: 10.1016/j.redox.2016.10.019.
- Shi Z, Wu D, Yao JP, Yao X, Huang Z, Li P, Wan JB, He C*, Su H*. Protection against Oxygen-Glucose Deprivation/Reperfusion Injury in Cortical Neurons by Combining Omega-3 Polyunsaturated Acid with Lyciumbarbarum Polysaccharide. Nutrients. 2016; 8(1). doi: 10.3390/nu8010041.
- Bao J, Ding R, Zou L, Zhang C, Wang K, Liu F, Li P, Chen M, Wan JB, Su HX, Wang YT, He C*. Forsythiae Fructus Inhibits B16 Melanoma Growth Involving MAPKs/Nrf2/HO-1 Mediated Anti-Oxidation and Anti-Inflammation. American Journal of Chinese Medicine, 2016; 44(5):1043-1061.
- Jia X, Ma L, Li P, Chen M, He C*. Prospects of Poria cocos polysaccharides: isolation process, structural features and bioactivities. Trends in Food Science & Technology, 2016; 54: 52-62.
- Wang K, Zhang C, Bao J, Jia X, Liang Y, Wang X, Chen M, Su HX, Li P, Wan JB, He C*. Synergistic chemopreventive effects of curcumin and berberine on human breast cancer cells through induction of apoptosis and autophagic cell death. Scientific Reports, 2016; 6. doi: 10.1038/srep26064
- Zhang C, Jia X, Bao J, Chen S, Wang K, Zhang Y, Li P, Wan JB, Su HX, Wang YT, Mei Z, He C*. Polyphyllin VII induces apoptosis in HepG2 cells through ROS-mediated mitochondrial dysfunction and MAPK pathways. BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine, 2016; 16. doi: 10.1186/s12906-016-1036-x.
- Zhang C, Jia X, Wang K, Bao J, Li P, Chen M, Wan JB, Su HX, Mei Z, He C*. Polyphyllin VII Induces an Autophagic Cell Death by Activation of the JNK Pathway and Inhibition of PI3K/AKT/mTOR Pathway in HepG2 Cells. PLoS One, 2016; 11(1):e0147405. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0147405.
- Zhou LD, Chen FQ, Bao JL, Wang SP, Wang L, Chen M*, He C*, Wang YT Preparation, Characterization, and Antitumor Efficacy of Evodiamine Loaded PLGA Nanoparticles. Drug Delivery, 2016; 23(3):898-906.
- Feng R, Wang M, Yan C, Li P, Chen M, He C*, Wan JB*. Endogenous n-3 Fatty Acids Alleviate Carbon-Tetrachloride-Induced Acute Liver Injury in Fat-1 Transgenic Mice. Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity. 2016; doi: 10.1155/2016/7962948.
- Hu J, Jia X, Fang X, Li P, He C*, Chen M*. Ultrasonic extraction, antioxidant and anticancer activities of novel polysaccharides from Chuanxiong rhizome. International Journal of Biological Macromolecules. 2016; 85:277-84.
- Bao J, Huang B, Zou L, Chen S, Zhang C, Zhang Y, Chen M, Wan JB, Su HX, Wang YT, He C*. Hormetic effect of berberine attenuates the anticancer activity of chemotherapeutic agents. PLOS One, 2015; 10(9):e0139298. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0139298.
- Jia X, Zhang C, Hu J, He M, Bao J, Wang K, Li P, Chen M, Wan JB, Su HX, Zhang QW, He C*. Ultrasound-Assisted Extraction, Antioxidant and Anticancer Activities of the Polysaccharides from Rhynchosia minima Root. Molecules, 2015; 20(11):20901-20911.
- Zhang Y, Bao J, Wang K, Jia X, Zhang C, Huang B, Chen M, Wan JB, Su HX, Wang YT, He C*. Pulsatilla Saponin D Inhibits Autophagic Flux and Synergistically Enhances the Anticancer Activity of Chemotherapeutic Agents against HeLa Cells. American Journal of Chinese Medicine, 2015; 43(8): 1657-1670.
- Jia X, Zhang C, Qiu J, Wang L, Bao J, Wang K, Zhang Y, Chen, Wan JB, Su HX, Han J, He C*. Purification, structural characterization and anticancer activity of the novel polysaccharides from Rhynchosia minima root. Carbohydrate Polymers, 2015; 132: 67-71.
- Jia X, Chen M, Wan JB, Su HX, He C*. Review on extraction, characterization and application of soybean polysaccharide. RSC Advances, 2015; 5: 73525-73534.
- Zhang C, Chen S, Bao J, Zhang Y, Huang B, Jia X, Chen M, Wan JB, Su HX, Wang YT, He C*. Low doses of camptothecin induced hormetic and neuroprotective effects in PC12 cells. Dose Response, 2015; 13(2). doi: 10.1177/1559325815592606.
- He C, Qu XY, Wan JB, Rong R, Huang LL, Cai C, Zhou KY, Gu Y, Qian SY, Kang JX*. Inhibiting Delta-6 Desaturase Activity Suppresses Tumor Growth in Mice. PLoS One, 2012; 7(10):e47567. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0047567.
- He C, Qu XY, Cui LB, Wang JD, Kang JX*. Improved spatial learning performance of fat-1 mice is associated with enhanced neurogenesis and neuritogenesis by docosahexaenoic acid. PNAS, 2009; 106(27): 11370-11375.
- Freudiger CW, Min W, Saar BG, Lu SJ, Holtom GR, He C, Tsai JC, Kang JX, Xie SX*. Label-Free Biomedical Imaging with High Sensitivity by Stimulated Raman Scattering Microscopy. Science, 2008; 322(5909): 1857-1861.
- Huang CJ, Lin HH, Wan JB, He C, Hu YJ. Research and development of hepatitis b drugs: an analysis based on technology flows measured by patent citations. Innovation Value Chain of Chinese Pharmaceuticals (pp.159-186). United States-China Intellectual Property Institute Inc. 2017
- He C. Experimental approaches for tumor immunology. In: Advances and modern experimental approaches in anticancer research of Chinese medicine. Beijing: People’s Medical Publishing House Co., LTD. 2012
- He C. Genome and proteome. In: Molecular Diognostics. Beijing: Chinese Medical and Pharmaceutical Science Press. 2004