|Carolina Ung 吳靄琳|
Lecturer (Macau Fellow), Institute of Chinese Medical Sciences, University of Macau
Honorary Research Fellow, Faculty of Pharmacy, The University of Sydney, Australia
- PhD (Major: Biomedical Sciences), University of Macao, Macao
- Master of Health Science (Health Informatics), The University of Sydney, Australia
- Bachelor of Pharmacy, The University of Sydney, Australia
Major research Interests
- Drug-related policy and regulation
- R&D and commercialization of traditional/complementary medicines
- Evidence base about traditional/complementary medicines
- Integration of traditional/complementary medicines
- Health care management
- Pharmacy practice
Selected Publications (underlined – first or co-first author)
- Hu LF, Yu Z, Yuan QW, Hu YJ, Ung COL. Opportunities and Challenges of Multinational Pharmaceutical Enterprises in Transforming Pharmaceutical Market in China. Ther Innov Regul Sci. 2019; 53(2): 207-214.
- Harnett J, Ung COL, Hu H, Sultani M, Desselle S. Advancing the pharmacist’s role in promoting the appropriate and safe use of dietary supplements. Complement Ther Med. 2019 (IN PRESS)
- Ung COL, Harnett JE, Hu H, Desselle S, Barriers to US pharmacists adopting professional responsibilities that support the appropriate and safe use of natural products by Americans – Key stakeholders perspectives. Am J Health Syst Pharm. 2019 (IN PRESS)
- Shi H, Guo W, Zhu H, Li M, Ung COL, Hu H, Han, S. Cost-Effectiveness Analysis of Xiyanping Injection (Andrographolide Sulfonate) for Treatment of Adult Community Acquired Pneumonia: A Retrospective, Propensity Score-Matched Cohort Study. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2019 (IN PRESS).
- Xi X, Huang Y, Lu Q, Ung COL, Hu H. Community pharmacists’ opinions and practice of pharmaceutical care at chain pharmacy and independent pharmacy in China. Int J Clin Pharm. 2019: 1-10.
- 吳靄琳, 李蘭婷, 胡豪 使用基礎胰島素類似物治療的2型糖尿病患者的低血糖發生率研究：基於中國四家三甲醫院的真實世界資料, 中國糖尿病雜誌 (IN PRESS)
- Chen S, Bie R, Lai Y, Shi H, Ung COL, Hu H. Trends and Development in Enteral Nutrition Application for Ventilator Associated Pneumonia: A Scientometric Research (1996-2018). Front Pharmacol. 2019:10:246.
- Zheng T, Yao D, Chen W, Hu H, Ung COL, Harnett J. Healthcare providers’ role regarding the safe and appropriate use of herbal products by breastfeeding mothers: A systematic literature review. Complement Ther Clin Pract. 2019;35:131-147.
- Li M, Wang FY, Liang ZY, Zhou YM, Yang YQ, Chen SQ , Ung COL, Hu H. Factors contributing to hospitalization costs for patients with COPD in China: a retrospective analysis of medical record data. Int J Chron Obstruct Pulmon Dis. 2018:13 3349–3357.
- Li JT, Zhu JF, Hu H, Harnett J, Lei CI, Chau KY, Chan G, Ung COL. Internationalization of Traditional/Complementary Medicine products: Market entry as MEDICINE. Chin Med. 2018: 13:50.
- Song QR, Ung COL, Tang DS, Hu H. The Use of Microblog “Weibo” by Chinese Patent Medicine Companies in China. Ther Innov Regul Sci. 2018 September. https://doi.org/10.1177/2168479018798799.
- Chen H, Ung COL, Chi PL, Wu JH, Tang DS, Hu H. Consumers’ Perceptions about Pharmaceutical Care Provided by Community Pharmacists in China in Relation to Over-the-Counter Drugs: A Qualitative Study. Inquiry. 2018; 55:1-8.
- Dong PX, Hu H, Guan XD, Ung COL, Shi LW, Han S, Yu SW. Cost-consequence analysis of salvianolate injection for the treatment of coronary heart disease. Chin Med. 2018; 13:28.
- Suo SZ, Lai YF, Li M, Song QR, Cai J, Zhao J, Yang Q, Ung COL, Hu H. Phytochemicals, pharmacology, clinical application, patents, and products of Amomi fructus. Food Chem Toxicol. 2018; doi: 10.1016/j.fct.2018.05.051.
- Lin AXH , Chan G , Hu YJ, Ouyang DF, Ung COL, Shi LW, Hu H. Internationalization of traditional Chinese medicine: current international market, internationalization challenges and prospective suggestions. Chin Med. 2018; 13:9.
- Ung CO, Harnett J, Hu H. Development of a strategic model for integrating complementary medicines into professional pharmacy practice. Res Social Adm Pharm. 2018; 14(7):663-672.
- Ni JY, Zhao JR, Ung COL, Hu YJ, Hu H, Wang YT. Obstacles and opportunities in Chinese pharmaceutical innovation. Global Health. 2017; 13:21.
- Song MH, Ung COL, Lee WY, Hu YJ, Zhao J, Li P and Hu H. Community pharmacists’ perceptions about pharmaceutical service of over-the-counter traditional Chinese medicine: a survey study in Harbin of China. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2017; 17:9.
- Ung COL, Harnett J, Hu H. Key stakeholder perspectives on the barriers and solutions to pharmacy practice and complementary medicines: the Australian story. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2017; 17:394.
- Ung COL, Harnett J, Hu H. Community pharmacist’s responsibilities with regards to Traditional Medicine/Complementary Medicine products: A systematic literature review. Res Social Adm Pharm. 2017; 13:686–716.
- Lin LG, Ung COL, Feng ZL, Huang L, Hu H. Naturally Occurring Diterpenoid Dimers: Source, Biosynthesis, Chemistry and Bioactivities. Planta Med. 2016; 82: 1309–1328.
- Ung COL, Chao CK, Hu YJ, Zhao J, Li P, Wang YT, Hu H. Community pharmacists’ understanding, attitudes, practice and perceived barriers related to providing pharmaceutical care: A questionnaire-based survey in Macao. Trop J Pharm Res. 2016; 15: 847-854.
- Chen X, Ung COL, Hu H, Liu X, Zhao J, Hu Y, Li P, Yang Q. Community Pharmacists’ Perceptions about Pharmaceutical Care of Traditional MedicineProducts: A Questionnaire-Based Cross-Sectional Study in Guangzhou, China. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2016; 3:1-10.
- Song M, Ung COL, Hu H, Wang Y. Community pharmacists’ perceptions about pharmaceutical care of OTC western medicine: a survey in Harbin of China. Int J Clin Pharm. 2015; 37:1014-20.
- Ni J, Shao R, Ung COL, Cai Y. Valuation of Pharmaceutical Patents: A Comprehensive Analytical Framework Based on Technological, Commercial, and Legal Factors. J Pharm Innov. 2015; 10: 281-285.
- Zhang MY, Lu JJ, Wang L, Gao ZC, Hu H, Ung COL, Wang YT. Development of Monoclonal Antibodies in China: Overview and Prospects. Biomed Res Int. 2015; Article ID 168935.
- Ding F, Zhang Q, Ung COL, Wang Y, Han Y, Hu Y, Qi J. An analysis of chemical ingredients network of Chinese herbal formulae for the treatment of coronary heart disease. PLoS One.2015; 10(2): e0116441.
- He TT, Ung COL, Hu H, Wang YT. Good manufacturing practice (GMP) regulation of herbal medicine in comparative research: China GMP, cGMP, WHO-GMP, PIC/S and EU-GMP. Eur J Integr Med. 2015; 7: 55–66.
- Song Y, Bian Y, Petzold M, Ung COL. Prevalence and trend of major transfusion-transmissible infections among blood donors in Western China, 2005 through 2010. PLoS One.2014; 9(4):e94528.
- IO UM, Hu H, Ung COL. Physicians’ and pharmacists’ experience and expectations of the roles of pharmacists: Insights into hospital setting in Macao. Trop J Pharm Res. 2013; 12: 1077-1085.
- Chao WC, Hu H, Ung COL, Cai Y. Benefits and challenges of electronic health record system onstakeholders: a qualitative study of outpatient physicians. J Med Syst. 2013; 37(4):9960.
- Hu YJ, Ung COL, Bian Y, Wang YT. Marketing Strategy: The Chinese Pharmaceutical Market: Dynamics and a Proposed Investment Strategy. Journal of Medical Marketing. 2007; 7(1):18-24.
執業藥師藍皮書- 中國執業藥師發展報告 (2017) 中國藥科大學國家執業藥師發展研究中心編, 中國醫藥科技出版社-編輯委員
執業藥師藍皮書- 中國執業藥師發展報告 (2016) 中國藥科大學國家執業藥師發展研究中心編, 中國醫藥科技出版社-編輯委員
執業藥師藍皮書- 中國執業藥師發展報告 (2015) 中國藥科大學國家執業藥師發展研究中心編, 中國醫藥科技出版社-編輯委員
- Registered pharmacist, Macau (2005 to present)
- Registered pharmacist, Australia (2002 to present)
- Founding member and Secretary-General, Pharmaceutical Society of Macao (2009 to present)
- Founding member, Macao Society for Medicinal Administration (2019 to present)
- Board member, Macau Pharmacology Association (2019 to present)
- Member, Pharmaceutical Society of Australia (2002 to present)
- Member, International Society for Chinese Medicine (2017 to present)
- Deputy Secretary General, The Macao Association of Medicals Volunteers (2017 to present)
- Deputy Director, Editorial Office of Chinese Medicine (January 2019-Present)
- Reviewer for international peer-reviewed journals including: BMJ Open, BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine, Chinese Medicine, Journal of AOAC International, Journal of Thoracic Disease, Midwifery, Pharmaceutical Medicine, International Journal of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
Institute of Chinese Medical Sciences, University of Macau
Room 2058, N22 Research Building
Telephone: (853) 8822-4672, Fax: (853) 2884-1358, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org