|Carolina Ung 吳靄琳
Macao Fellow (Lecturer)
Honorary Research Fellow, Faculty of Pharmacy, The University of Sydney, Australia
- PhD (Major: Biomedical Sciences), University of Macao, Macao
- Master of Health Science (Health Informatics), The University of Sydney, Australia
- Bachelor of Pharmacy, The University of Sydney, Australia
Major research Interests
- Drug-related policy and regulation
- R&D and commercialization of traditional/complementary medicines
- Integration of Chinese medicines and traditional/complementary medicines
- Health care management
- Pharmacy practice
Selected Publications (underlined – first or co-first author)
- LF Hu, Z Yu, QW Yuan, YJ Hu, COL Ung. Opportunities and Challenges of Multinational Pharmaceutical Enterprises in Transforming Pharmaceutical Market in China. Ther Innov Regul Sci. 2018 Jan 1:2168479018772820. doi: 10.1177/2168479018772820.
- SZ Suo, YF Lai, M Li, QR Song, J Cai, J Zhao, Q Yang, COL Ung, H Hu. Phytochemicals, pharmacology, clinical application, patents, and products of Amomi fructus. Food and Chemical Toxicology. 2018; doi: 10.1016/j.fct.2018.05.051.
- AXH Lin, G Chan, YJ Hu, DF Ouyang, COL Ung, LW Shi, H Hu. Internationalization of traditional Chinese medicine: current international market, internationalization challenges and prospective suggestions. Chinese Medicine. 2018; 13:9.
- JY Ni, JR Zhao, COL Ung, YJ Hu, H Hu, and YT Wang. Obstacles and opportunities in Chinese pharmaceutical innovation. Globalization and Health. 2017; 13:21.
- Ung CO, Harnett J, Hu H. Development of a strategic model for integrating complementary medicines into professional pharmacy practice. ResSocial Adm Pharm. 2018; 14(7):663-672.
- Song MH, Ung CO, Lee WY, Hu YJ, Zhao J, Li P and Hu H. Community pharmacists’ perceptions about pharmaceutical service of over-the-counter traditional Chinese medicine: a survey study in Harbin of China. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2017; 17:9.
- Ung CO, Harnett J, Hu H. Key stakeholder perspectives on the barriers and solutions to pharmacy practice and complementary medicines: the Australian story. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2017; 17:394.
- Ung CO, Harnett J, Hu H. Community pharmacist’s responsibilities with regards to Traditional Medicine/Complementary Medicine products: A systematic literature review. Res Social Adm Pharm. 2017; 13:686–716.
- Lin LG, Ung CO, Feng ZL, Huang L, Hu H. Naturally Occurring Diterpenoid Dimers: Source, Biosynthesis, Chemistry and Bioactivities. Planta Med. 2016; 82: 1309–1328.
- Ung CO, Chao CK, Hu YJ, Zhao J, Li P, Wang YT, Hu H. Community pharmacists’ understanding, attitudes, practice and perceived barriers related to providing pharmaceutical care: A questionnaire-based survey in Macao. Trop J Pharm Res. 2016; 15: 847-854.
- Chen X, Ung CO, Hu H, Liu X, Zhao J, Hu Y, Li P, Yang Q. Community Pharmacists’ Perceptions about Pharmaceutical Care of Traditional MedicineProducts: A Questionnaire-Based Cross-Sectional Study in Guangzhou, China. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med.2016; 3:1-10.
- Song M, Ung CO, Hu H, Wang Y. Community pharmacists’ perceptions about pharmaceutical care of OTC western medicine: a survey in Harbin of China. Int J Clin Pharm. 2015;37:1014-20.
- Ni J., Shao R, Ung COL, CAI Y. Valuation of Pharmaceutical Patents: A Comprehensive Analytical Framework Based on Technological, Commercial, and Legal Factors. J Pharm Innov. 2015; 10: 281-285.
- Zhang MY, Lu JJ, Wang L, Gao ZC, Hu H, Ung COL, Wang YT. Development of Monoclonal Antibodies in China: Overview and Prospects. Biomed Res Int. 2015; Article ID 168935.
- Ding F, Zhang Q, Ung COL, Wang Y, Han Y, Hu Y, Qi J. An analysis of chemical ingredients network of Chinese herbal formulae for the treatment of coronary heart disease. PLoS One. 2015; 10(2): e0116441.
- He TT, Ung CO, Hu H, Wang YT. Good manufacturing practice (GMP) regulation of herbal medicine in comparative research: China GMP, cGMP, WHO-GMP, PIC/S and EU-GMP. Eur J Integr Med. 2015; 7: 55–66.
- Song Y, Bian Y, Petzold M, Ung CO. Prevalence and trend of major transfusion-transmissible infections among blood donors in Western China, 2005 through 2010. PLoS One. 2014; 9(4):e94528.
- IO UM, Hu H, Ung COL. Physicians’ and pharmacists’ experience and expectations of the roles of pharmacists: Insights into hospital setting in Macao. Trop J Pharm Res. 2013; 12: 1077-1085.
- Chao WC, Hu H, Ung COL, Cai Y. Benefits and challenges of electronic health record system onstakeholders: a qualitative study of outpatient physicians. J Med Syst. 2013; 37(4):9960.
- YJ Hu, COL Ung, Y Bian, YT Wang. Marketing Strategy: The Chinese Pharmaceutical Market: Dynamics and a Proposed Investment Strategy. Journal of Medical Marketing. 2007; 7(1):18-24.
執業藥師藍皮書- 中國執業藥師發展報告 (2016, 2015) 中國藥科大學國家執業藥師發展研究中心編, 中國醫藥科技出版社-編輯委員
- Registered pharmacist, Macau
- Registered pharmacist, Australia
- Secretary General, Pharmaceutical Society of Macao
- Member, Pharmaceutical Society of Australia
- Executive Member, The Macao Association of Medicals Volunteers
- Executive Member, Zonta Club of Macao
Institute of Chinese Medical Sciences
University of Macau
Room 2058, N22 Research Building
Telephone: (853) 8822-4672
Fax: (853) 2884-1358